Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Best TUNERS" in Southern California
If you were to go anywhere in Southern California for a tubro upgrade, headwork, or for any performance jobs, where would you go? You can just list the place so I can check them out.
um importbuilders.com theyre in Fullerton i think...lol. its pretty easy to choose cuz they have performance packages
Jeff from import builders.
1997 B18c Civic Stolen
2004 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
2004 G35 With Navi
Importbuilders
yup go to jeff when i get all my shit done i am going to drive down there so jeff can tune my car
Is there anyone else you recomment besides Import Builders? I will check them out, but if you can name a few other tuners that would help out.
R.P.S - rob
importbuilders is a good choice...or you can try GT3, Hookups, or Sleepermotorsports out in the I.E.
Atomic Performance, Hi Speed, Carisma, and Dynamic Motorsports are some shops that i know of.
JG Engine Dynamics
Usually when I need any work done on my car I go outside to my garage.Big Grin
tm engineering, in carson...

tell todd, jonnaro sent u heh
Quote:Originally posted by jonnaro
tm engineering, in carson...

tell todd, jonnaro sent u heh

oh my goodness......i thought u were missin......havent seen u in a while.....whatcha been up to? u missed our lil meet we had. well just wanted to say hiBig Grin
Quote:Originally posted by RK.
Importbuilders

I here everyone recomending Import Builders, but I wouldn't be so quick to make that recommendation. I'm not trying to start sh*t, but my personal experience hasn't been that great. First, when my buddy and I went there and asked about a turbo set-up for his car (a Nissan) Jeff seemed to have no idea what we were talking about. He also said he'd never touch it, but he had a good reason. Then when I went to see how much they'd charge me for an engine switch, just the labor, not the parts, he quoted me $700. This after some other mechanic would do it, with warranty, for a lil over 2 bills. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd suggest shopping around before settling on ImportBuilders.
Quote:Originally posted by Leets

I here everyone recomending Import Builders, but I wouldn't be so quick to make that recommendation. I'm not trying to start sh*t, but my personal experience hasn't been that great. First, when my buddy and I went there and asked about a turbo set-up for his car (a Nissan) Jeff seemed to have no idea what we were talking about. He also said he'd never touch it, but he had a good reason. Then when I went to see how much they'd charge me for an engine switch, just the labor, not the parts, he quoted me $700. This after some other mechanic would do it, with warranty, for a lil over 2 bills. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd suggest shopping around before settling on ImportBuilders.

i completely agree, esp. since they lost charles. Dr. Charles is one of the best tuners out there. I'll find the name of the shop he's at now.
Quote:Originally posted by Leets

I'm not trying to start sh*t, but my personal experience hasn't been that great. First, when my buddy and I went there and asked about a turbo set-up for his car (a Nissan) Jeff seemed to have no idea what we were talking about.

Well, you have to admit...not everyone will have a great personal experience with every shop. I dunno about that Nissan thing...but he, as well as the rest of the guys there, know their sh*t about Honda/Acuras.

Quote:Then when I went to see how much they'd charge me for an engine switch, just the labor, not the parts, he quoted me $700. This after some other mechanic would do it, with warranty, for a lil over 2 bills.

Yup...I always hear this one. People used to complain about high labor costs when Atomic was still around. In all honesty...I don't think their prices are outrageous at all. I've called around in the past and some shops up north quoted me $500+ for labor. These shops don't even compare to someplace like ImportBuilders when it comes to performance. I'd rather pay a couple hundred extra and let a shop that is proven do my work rather than someone else who will do it for cheaper and not necessarily have the same experience. I'm not trying to say that going with the "cheaper mechanic" will result in ur doom. But for me, I wouldn't wanna take the chance. No one said that performance done right is cheap. You get what you pay for. Jeff (Preludeboy) and Jay (Kim307) are close friends of mine. Ask em...they'll tell u IB is cool.

Jeff's a great guy. What other shop owner shares so much information over the net? Check out http://www.honda-tech.com and you'll see the countless informative posts he has given us. Check out his site http://www.importreview.com with the numerous dyno charts and reviews. These guys build crazy motors daily. All motor 220+ hp lsvtecs, all motor 240+hp crvtecs, crvtec turbo done with crvtec.com (the "killer") 370+hp....etc. And yes, they offer package motors where they build it for you, test/tune, break it in, and send it to u ready to be put in.
I honestly have never had any experience with their performance tuning expertise, so I can't talk there. It just seemed a lil high a price to take one engine out and put another one in... in a civic no less. As for a cheaper mechanic, the only other prices I've found were from my buddy's uncle who owns a shop who'd do it for around 3 bills, and all his work has an unconditional warranty. Then the other guy used to work at Kaizen, my personal fave before they got bought out, and he'd do it for just a lil cheaper. I mean when reputable mechanics are willing to do the work for half the price, something just doesn't seem right to me. Just my .02
JG engine dynamics.if you can afford it this place is good.all motor, turbo, nos what ever your flavor they can handle it. pricey though. i live in rice rocket central, the san gabriel valley. and the baddest cars i see come from them.
Harvs too
If money wasn't an issure for me I'd go with JG Engine Dynamics and get custom everything. XS Turbocharger, MOTEC, etc...the works.
and I say screw all those high cost "professional" tuners. I think the best bet would just be to go buy one of those blowoff valve noise making machines. They're a lot cheaper than a real turbo set-up and they're gauranteed to never cause any lag... no matter what RPM you're at. Trust me on this one. Big Grin
TUNING??!?! importbuilders!!! if they can fit you in!! jeff just lost a mechanic so its only jerry now.... they're back up pretty bad right now.....

for performance parts/audio custom fabrication jobs call TM engineering for the job..... hehe my lude has been there for 2 weeks now =( it seems like she spends more time there than with me!!!!
YEAH!!! listen to RK.....he has 1st hand experiencce with jeff!! hehe $4500 of experience! =) and they guys do know their stuff! nice people too.....
Depends on what car you are looking to modify.

ROYZGSX
10's
Quote:Originally posted by ROYZGSX
Depends on what car you are looking to modify.

ROYZGSX
10's

yeah that's true too..... my only experience with shops is with Honduhs....

with DSMs i hear road race is the place to go....
what is the name of the shop you said could do an engine swap for around 2-3 bills? i'm gonna need that done after school gets out. late.
importbuilders ESPECIALLY for swaps....
this is preludeboy BTW
Quote:Originally posted by slamminA.D.Sev
what is the name of the shop you said could do an engine swap for around 2-3 bills? i'm gonna need that done after school gets out. late.

It was this guy who used to work for Kaizen, but it was just to swap the engine out of my Civic. I don't think he'll touch your truck, though. He's not fond of domestics... especially after helping me on my Camaro.

... Oh, and importbuilders definitely wasn't it... they quoted twice as much as everyone else.
okay, i thought you were talkin about a domestic swap guy...thats cool though. late.
Hook-ups import tek in upland right by my house

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where in California is little Tokyo? deeznutz206 9 335 08-19-2002, 11:29 AM
Last Post: greengoblin
  Feb. 17 California Speedway qcardds01civic 26 328 02-24-2002, 02:19 AM
Last Post: PNG
  California Speedway, Fontana Rat 0 665 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Next S.California show? OUTKASTxEZ 0 309 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Best TUNERS and BODY SHOPS in LA MasterP 0 131 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Are there any Southern Cali Officers that read the Boards? SjPdToO 0 437 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Hola A Todos Los Racers Latinos De Ontario California Click Aqui captainghost 0 865 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Import Events In California merah 0 132 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: