Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needed: A Mechanic To Change My T-belt And Water Pump In San Jose Area
hi anyone that knows how to change t-belts and water pump on my 93 honda civic DX please respond. I'm willing to pay 50 buxs for labor. That's 50 buxs for like 2 hrs of work. I can help also. I also need coolant flushed and water pump replaced. I will supply all the parts. I dont have a timing gun nor the torque wrench. Anyone that needs some quick cash and is willing to help a fellow sro member out, please respond. Thanks
Just buy what you need and do it yourself...those aren't hard things to do...
ask a mod to move this to the nor-cal racers section, i'm sure there are hella people who could help you there. good luck Smile
-bozz performance
you might get more responces about fixin your broke civic if you mention that you swallow...
Quote:Originally posted by Chris
you might get more responces about fixin your broke civic if you mention that you swallow...

My civic is not broke, it just needs maintenance. Its approaching 120k miles and i noticed my water pump is leaking. So it still runs but needs t-belt replaced. Anyways thanks for the response, i guess i'll jus take it to a real mechanic.
Fellow memeber with 1 post eh?... Some places charge $400.. so $50 is nothing.
You get what you pay for.
Quote:Originally posted by JGproSeriesG2
Fellow memeber with 1 post eh?... Some places charge $400.. so $50 is nothing.

First off, i had plenty of post's but somehow it got deleted. I had in a neighborhood of 100 post's. I'm not a regular but i do post from time to time. second off, 400 buxs for a t-belt replacement for a civic? You must be kidding, the honda dealer only charges 200 buxs and sometimes they have it for 159 or something. I know it only takes in the neighborhood of 2-3 hrs max. Some can do it even faster, for an example the book says it takes bout 4 hrs for a tranni swap on my car. i took it to some asian shop, he did it in no more then 1 1/2 hrs. I'm paying 50 buxs for 2 hrs worth of labor, that's 25 buxs an hr. it sure beats alot of street racers regular day jobs, besides there are tons of ppl that love working on cars and need some lil xtra cash. But if this is the type of responses i get back i'm SORRY that i asked..

PEACE
You should do the head gasket it also.
Quote:Originally posted by civic93racersty

But if this is the type of responses i get back i'm SORRY that i asked..

aye bro.. this is expected.. its sro.. wat a good rep. huh?
Quote:Originally posted by civic93racersty

First off, i had plenty of post's but somehow it got deleted. I had in a neighborhood of 100 post's. I'm not a regular but i do post from time to time. second off, 400 buxs for a t-belt replacement for a civic? You must be kidding, the honda dealer only charges 200 buxs and sometimes they have it for 159 or something. I know it only takes in the neighborhood of 2-3 hrs max. Some can do it even faster, for an example the book says it takes bout 4 hrs for a tranni swap on my car. i took it to some asian shop, he did it in no more then 1 1/2 hrs. I'm paying 50 buxs for 2 hrs worth of labor, that's 25 buxs an hr. it sure beats alot of street racers regular day jobs, besides there are tons of ppl that love working on cars and need some lil xtra cash. But if this is the type of responses i get back i'm SORRY that i asked..

PEACE

go ask on honda tech you'll have better luck
do yourself a favor, get an haynes, read it, and try to do it. yeah, honda timing belts are cake but no one in there sick mind would do it for 50 bucks, maybe 150. if you had all the right tools, u can get it done in an hour and a half. just my two cents.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Bay AREA MEET! May 15 05 jdizzy92 48 2,613 05-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Street Guy
  ***Help Put A Track In The Bay Area!*** Deanh8 73 3,878 05-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Last Post: EF8 All Motor
  tires what's good place to buy them the san jose/fremont area? trdspd 12 629 04-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Last Post: EstimaTCR
  good tint place for cheap around san jose james4o8 24 1,112 04-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Last Post: 510eclipse
  Hey Local San Jose'errrz james4o8 5 556 04-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Last Post: SjCiViCHB
  wtf is there to do in the bay area? project DC2 20 1,437 03-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Last Post: integlstrike
  a/c recharge in bay area ElectronBlueGSR 3 286 03-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Last Post: integlstrike
  Fender Roller Needed - San Jose nokuntrol420 18 696 02-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Last Post: King Monza
  Good and Cheap polishing the bay area??? EP GOLDIE 8 632 02-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Last Post: project DC2
  looking to see some good races in the 408 area moyz 18 926 02-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Last Post: u2sdc2