Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best place to rebuild transmission (honda)
i have a jdm Y1 tranny from a 1st gen b16 that i dont know the condition of. the previous owner said it only grinds 3rd at high rpms. i want to use the tranny but dont wanna put it on with something messed up so i want to rebuild it first. any good shops around the bay or sac area at a reasonable price? let me know what the shop/location/price range is if you know any. thanks.
3DIMENSIONZ
Powered by Gerbils

90 Integra GSR Wink
80 Corolla 1.8 = drift machine :uhh: (gone)
there is oak grove transmition in oak grove(duh). they have a good reputation.
my pops got his tranny rebuilt the first time it broke down on his 98 accord...cost him $3000....then 2 years later (1 month ago) it blew again...instead of payin the price of front clips to fix the tranny...we got one online at CAR-PART.com for about 700 with 1 year warranty and had our mechanic inspect it and install it..thats another option for u if ur pockets arent that deep to do a tranny rebuild
hit up jeremy and brandon at Redzoneperformance.com

they;'re in downtown sanjo.
http://SpoolinPerformance.com
Bay area turbo installs and fabrication.
log manifold/IC/dwnpipe.dmptube

93 b20 Civic Turbo- stln
91 all motor LS integra- sld
gizzer 4Dr- built & Turboed
I had mine done at Rcrew.......Dan also did one of my friends transmission too.
i asked redzone and they quoted me around 450-500 and kuruma-tuning was 5-600 depending on parts. instead of rebuilding i found another tranny in good condition with lsd and picked it up.
3DIMENSIONZ
Powered by Gerbils

90 Integra GSR Wink
80 Corolla 1.8 = drift machine :uhh: (gone)
rcrew does good job :thumbup
12.6 @106 mph ALLMoToR eg_unit
Project B
DTR FAB :thumbup
Rcrewracing :thumbup
Spoolin Performance :thumbup
Official Rota dealer and distributor
check out the wheels a WWW.ROTAWHEEL.COM
Im suing aamco and filed a B.A.R. report, cant say that you should go there...

Sad

G
Opening and fixing the tranmission is not to expensive...its the part that cost the money...I tell most people to look for a new tranmission....but the only draw back to that is what if the used one you buy does the same thing.....
yup thats true jeremy oem parts cost a grip epsecially when u rebuild a tranny :hammer2:
12.6 @106 mph ALLMoToR eg_unit
Project B
DTR FAB :thumbup
Rcrewracing :thumbup
Spoolin Performance :thumbup
Official Rota dealer and distributor
check out the wheels a WWW.ROTAWHEEL.COM
skinezzhatch Wrote:yup thats true jeremy oem parts cost a grip epsecially when u rebuild a tranny :hammer2:

haha dan.. that gay vietnamese guy with lisp.

he's cool though
yeah i know rebuilding would be better than getting another used tranny but this one has lsd and was inspected by a shop b4 i bought it for about the same price.
3DIMENSIONZ