Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'04 R6 aftermarket parts?
Hey...

Does anyone know of any good websites that sell aftermarket parts for an '04 R6? The ones that I've been to suck. Maybe there just aren't that many aftermarket parts in the first place? I'm specifically looking for seat cowls. Any help would be cool.

:eek5:
Flora
MX5 Wrote:Hey...

Does anyone know of any good websites that sell aftermarket parts for an '04 R6? The ones that I've been to suck. Maybe there just aren't that many aftermarket parts in the first place? I'm specifically looking for seat cowls. Any help would be cool.

:eek5:
Flora

get the seat cowl from yamaha but go to http://www.kneedraggers.com and you will find a gang of stuff there. i got my r6 a ton of stuff off of there.
89' fc3s turboII
03' yzf r6
that's a decent site. looks like they don't carry the exhaust i want. you guys got new exhaust for your r6? i'm interested in the carbon fiber yoshimura rs3 for my 04 r6. too bad this site doesn't have it.
Should have got a Suzuki, they come stock with the cowls.
"few of them know, soul of a women was created below" - Led Zeppelin

TfH
Mr Rogers Wrote:Should have got a Suzuki, they come stock with the cowls.

No, he obviously got the best choice. You act like a Suzuki is the only bike that comes with a cowl stock. I got mine from the dealer for free..... Anyway. I had two brothers on at first the classic oval looks nice but I have a trs on there now in carbon and I love it! You should actually look into an akaprovic exhaust, has the oval look and they have titanium options.
89' fc3s turboII
03' yzf r6
i'll check those out. i just want to stay with the oval. i don't really like the tri-oval ones.
ASRGuy Wrote:i'll check those out. i just want to stay with the oval. i don't really like the tri-oval ones.

yeah, my two brothers is oval, and the akaprovic is oval. many options.
89' fc3s turboII
03' yzf r6
zooks eat yamis at snack time :newbie:
sac racer Wrote:zooks eat yamis at snack time :newbie:

you could only wish......on the international front the manufactuers had the same opinion. Confusedad4: kenney roberts even hoped off of the suzuki and onto a yamaha. :hammer3:. only place i can say the suzuki is proven is in ama, and a few others, we are on the street and you arent aaron yates. i guarantee you wont eat me on my yami for snacks.....guarantee. :thumbup
89' fc3s turboII
03' yzf r6
boo5t3d7 Wrote:No, he obviously got the best choice. You act like a Suzuki is the only bike that comes with a cowl stock. I got mine from the dealer for free..... Anyway. I had two brothers on at first the classic oval looks nice but I have a trs on there now in carbon and I love it! You should actually look into an akaprovic exhaust, has the oval look and they have titanium options.

Honestly, it all comes down to rider preference. I sat on all the bikes and the Gixxer felt the lightest to me. Also according to facotry specs the Gixxer is the lightest out of all the 600s. It may be underpowered by a hare but it still is the lightest. I've messed around with an 04 R6 on the freeway and I pull on him and I can reassure you he is a better rider. Does your R6 have inverted forks?

TfH
umm, not sure what you mean by "streets." if you're speaking of canyon carving, thats suitable; however, im sure that not many of us have the skill to determine if there is in fact a 'better' branded bike. same goes for the track.
i was just poking fun at ya, and its all on rider, in the end. im sure that, unless you have quite a few years of experience, i'd do very well against a rider with unmatched experience on any bike (newbies on R1's are great fun). you can give a rider all the bike in the world, but if the rider does not have the mind/experience to (safely) get everything out of the bike, there is no need for comparison. btw, the yami and gixxer don't really have any advantages over eachother besides the yami being slightly more slender (better for smaller guys) and the gixxer a few pounds lighter (go figure; slightly longer and wider yet still lighter), and neither of us have the skill to prove that either bike is better than the other -- i know that if i did, id be travelling with my team to the next race instead of sitting at this computer.
hehe, a guarantee without even knowing how long ive been riding or what kind of riding i do. that doesnt do much good, now does it?
With todays tech all of the 600s are pretty even. It all comes down to rider skill. I don't know about the Yami but I know my Gixxer is very flickable, I think about leaning over the other direction and then I'm already over. I sat on all the 600s and the Gixxer was the most comfertable for me. I'm 6'2 so the Gixxer just fit me well. I didn't like the 600RR or the Kawi. It was between the R6 and the Gixxer. Trust me I wanted an R6 before I even saw the 04 Gixxers, then once I sat on a Gixxer I knew I was going to buy one.

TfH
you are all wrong...the BANDIT OWNZ ALL!!11!!Big Grin
and D&D makes the best exhausts evar... :eek4:
'04 Subaru WRX Wagon
'00 Suzuki Bandit 600S
that is a correct statment, all the 600's are actually equal in comparison. the 4lbs the yami has, it makes up in revs and power. i have seen the gixxer get thrown around like i have seen the r6 do the same, both bikes react like a bmx. the only bike that has a slight advantage is the new zx6-rr, but rider will make up for that. good points made by all, but back to the thread at hand. parts are available for the bike just gotta look around! good riding to all!
89' fc3s turboII
03' yzf r6
i think i saw some on ebay or craigslists
Hi I was wondering If someone could tell me what the gear setup is on a 2004 yamaha yzf r6 for ex. is it 1 up and 6 down. I just bought this bike but have not received it yet. Been out of the bike scene for 10 years now.

Thanks
2004r6bike Wrote:Hi I was wondering If someone could tell me what the gear setup is on a 2004 yamaha yzf r6 for ex. is it 1 up and 6 down. I just bought this bike but have not received it yet. Been out of the bike scene for 10 years now.

Thanks

wow, man you may wanna delet this post. when the older guys on the board see this you may get roasted, just lettin you know. the gears remain the same my friend.
89' fc3s turboII
03' yzf r6
Sorry there Boo5t3d7 if I insulted anyone's intelligence here on this sight but the last time I had a motorcycle I was 16 and it was a 55o nighthawk honda and that's 16 years ago and now I've ordered a R6 yami because the price was right and never ever ridden a super sport before so Excuse me if I don't belong on this sight.

Thanks for your answer
hey, boosted was just getting your back, because he knew that you were asking a what seems to be ridiculous question. what does 1 down and 6 up mean as far as stock gearing? I'm not sure what you are asking.
"up" and "down" are terms that are used to refer to the number of teeth you increase or decrease on your sprockets when replacing them. for example: I went 5 teeth up on my rear sprocket when I started using a 520 chain (i.e., my sprocket was a 50 toother instead of the factory 45 teeth).
I'm guessing that the factory 04 r6 rear sprocket is somewhere around 45 teeth, and the front is probably somewhere around 16. I think the factory chain is a 530 like on the '05. 1 down (front) and 6 up (rear) would be a pretty agressive set up, and would likely eat up your top end. if its your first super sport, there will be no immediate need to be concerned with your gearing (unless you're heavy-set).

edit: i just read that you said 1 up and 6 down, not vice versa. my bad. yeah, don't worry about the gearing guy
yeah buddy i am not getting on you, i am just saying this sight seems to have little tollerance for questions like that. you will be fine on the shifter, nothing has really changed in 16years. you just make sure you keep the shinny side up, shifting will be the easy part.
89' fc3s turboII
03' yzf r6
1 down and six up means that you would have that elusive 7 speed R6. Why did you order an 04 R6 when the new 05 models are already out? Most newer sportbikes have 1 down and 5 up with a 6 speed trans, not 7 speed. Most race bike have 1 up and 5 down.

TfH
r-6 flat ass rocks.......all motorcycles come from the factory with shift pattern 1 down(first) and 4-5 up. i beleive this is d.o.t. regulations, just like the brake being on the left and the clutch on the right. do your self a favor and reverse the shift pattern (gp style). it takes some getting used to at first but once you do it you will never put it back to stock shift pattern.
ahh yes, clarity. "shift pattern" made a whole lot more sense to me than "gear setup," and I'm sorry for not being able to figure out what you were asking. hopefully your question was answered. when I hear "gears" "up" and "down" I am prone to think you are referring to sprockets, and the gearing changes cause by changing sizes. yeah, kick down for first and then flick your toes up to do the rest of the work --well, the clutch is a handy device as well.
I guess I phrased the question wrong but got alot of ideas just the same with your answers. Didn't know, that you could change the shift pattern from one down - five up, to 1 up -five down . Thanks for the answers

2004R62004

I bought the bike for 4500 cad, that's why I bout 04' and not 05' ( guy didn't know what he was doing Or something like that :thumbup
2004r6bike Wrote:I guess I phrased the question wrong but got alot of ideas just the same with your answers. Didn't know, that you could change the shift pattern from one down - five up, to 1 up -five down . Thanks for the answers

2004R62004

I bought the bike for 4500 cad, that's why I bout 04' and not 05' ( guy didn't know what he was doing Or something like that :thumbup

cool well glad we could be of service, be cool on it and have fun. as for me i am going to hop on right now and enjoy the rest of the day, you guys be cool. :thumbup
89' fc3s turboII
03' yzf r6
BLAH BLA Wrote:r-6 flat ass rocks.......all motorcycles come from the factory with shift pattern 1 down(first) and 4-5 up. i beleive this is d.o.t. regulations, just like the brake being on the left and the clutch on the right. do your self a favor and reverse the shift pattern (gp style). it takes some getting used to at first but once you do it you will never put it back to stock shift pattern.

Can you point me in the right direction to do that on my Gixxer? 1 up 5 down.

TfH
glad to hear you got the bike at such a sweet price, and I hope you have fun on it (be safe)!

edit: mr. rogers, I think Pro Tek has rearsets that can go either way, and I'm sure that they at least have gp pattern rearsets. I'm not sure what the addy for their site is, but just search on yahoo or ebay and you should find a set. hope this helps!!
Mr Rogers Wrote:Can you point me in the right direction to do that on my Gixxer? 1 up 5 down.

you have a gsxr,right? on my buddies '02 750 all we had to do was reverse the lever on the shaft from the motor. i don't remember which direction it points but if it goes up the point it down or vice,versa. on the yamaha the shift rod goes thru the frame, and you actually have to buy a part to do it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEED 91 GSXR PARTS!!!! NJP17 0 67 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Woohoo! Parts are on their way. Wolf 0 123 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  SV 650 Parts ZX6R 0 74 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  RC51 Parts Bike Wolf 0 80 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Price of parts RacerZook 0 66 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: