Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do i need a motorcycle license to buy one?
like the topic says.. do i need a motorcycle license to buy one from a private party?
no.
:rant:
PRoJEk_EG Wrote:like the topic says.. do i need a motorcycle license to buy one from a private party?

please take an MSF course and get a license...
as stated, you do not need a license to buy from a private party. remember, you need at least a permit to ride, and its soooooo not worth the risk to ride without it -- its a simple process. like blah bla said, take the msf course. you get your license and priceless training in one weekend -- well, it was only one weekend back when i did it --, and you'll be set to ride with no legal issues (well, make sure you're insured!!!). if getting the bike from that private party is now or never, buy it, and leave it in the garage until you're legit. best thing to do is to just sign up for the msf course, even if youre not sure; that way, you'll be licensed when you decide what you want to do. be safe!
MC_jr Wrote:no.
what he said
sac racer Wrote:as stated, you do not need a license to buy from a private party. remember, you need at least a permit to ride, and its soooooo not worth the risk to ride without it -- its a simple process. like blah bla said, take the msf course. you get your license and priceless training in one weekend -- well, it was only one weekend back when i did it --, and you'll be set to ride with no legal issues (well, make sure you're insured!!!). if getting the bike from that private party is now or never, buy it, and leave it in the garage until you're legit. best thing to do is to just sign up for the msf course, even if youre not sure; that way, you'll be licensed when you decide what you want to do. be safe!

he made some good points. just take the class first. it does help and it's only one weekend. when you take it, try to get some friends to go with you. it's kinda nice to have your homies learn with you.
yea dood take a class its only like 150 and the permit test not so hard, better than getting caught witout a permit
i agree with them all.
hey do you need a drivers licence to take the msf ? and permit test?
just wondering :|
james4o8 Wrote:hey do you need a drivers licence to take the msf ? and permit test?
just wondering :|

Yeah,

You don't need it because there's some people that I know that only have a motorcycle license.

P.S. Take the MSF course/class...it'll save your life one day.
TYPE LT (Luxury Touring)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fatal Motorcycle Accident BlondFordCutie 5 305 08-22-2002, 12:26 PM
Last Post: subaru46
  License Vs. Permit Fusion 8 219 02-18-2002, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Fusion
  Motorcycle shipping POS Civic 2 173 08-21-2001, 12:14 PM
Last Post: POS Civic
  Cycle World Int'l Motorcycle Show Wolf 0 449 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Suzuki RE5 rotor powered motorcycle Dan 0 120 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  NY motorcycle show MariLaLocaaaa 0 78 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Neons For a Motorcycle? iRideAyellowDuc 0 223 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  any good online motorcycle stores? sofakingdumb 0 208 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Do I need a license to buy a motorcycle? INeedSpeed 0 118 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  motorcycle lisense NTTypeR 0 173 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: