Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Import Nights was whaaaaaaaaaaaack
Hot Import Night was weak as fuck. I saw tons of stock ass cars there. I thought they were screening? Most of the vendors were lame. There was nothing good to buy. At the last days show there was a lot more better vendors, and the Import Cover Girls dudes had a tight ass booth. this time it was just whack. Too many corporate sponsors i guess. :lame: Confusedsp:
i agree..
i thought it was actually better than their past shows. import covergirls wasn't there because their next dvd isnt out yet. theres no point for them to come out if they're not selling anything. plus all they had were christine mendoza, flo jain, francine dee. christine was there yesterday for sure. i wasnt particularly paying attention to the models so car-wise in my opinion was good. but it depends on what you were expecting to see for $25 admission. they had cars from vendors, track cars, socal crews, and local car crews. to tell you the truth, it looked like yesterday they had about 600 cars in attendance compared to last year was between 350-400 cars. not to mention there were more models. the only thing HIN needs to do now is to lower the admission to get in. other car shows at most costs $17 to get in. thats my 2 cents....
^ I went and I agree especially about the price.
When has it ever been good?
neofreak Wrote:When has it ever been good?

Back in my highschool days.. I remember going to a free car show in Sac.. that was good. lol

Free = Good.
Pay to see what you see everyday = Bad.
ey mike it actually seemed like there was less cars because all the rooms seemed pretty empty except for ours.... haha.. jk.... the vip rooms were hella empty and the main room didn't seem all that great.... props to hokori, techna, and allen ward for hooking up his display in our room... haha
neofreak Wrote:When has it ever been good?

uhmm 2 years ago.. 1 girl went topless and 2 girls making out.. hhaha sweet
and at the very end free pepsi blueee
i think it was pretty cool, it was my first time showing my car at HIN, so it was fun. was out with most of the team. we were parked in the outside area, against the wall, once you walk out of the second main room, we were on the left side.

team ultraspeed
Team Ultraspeed - bay area chapter
auto-manual conversion - success
'90 ls - up n runnin w/ new motor setup
'91 gs - not running (parts car)
'92 gs-r - running
any pics?.......
links to coverage?
I've been goin since 2001...and I gotta say I wasn't too impressed. There was deffinately less cars than previous years. I think there was the most last year. For the street area...there used to be cars all over the place...this year they seemed really scattered. I think that was partially due to CMI being today. I know a lot of drag cars show in the street area.

I don't know if it's me workin all day and being hella tired...or if the show really was bad...but I wasn't feelin it this year. I usually take a 200+ pics a year of almost every car just to see what is different and from the year before...I only took like 30-40 this year.
We had some drama with our booth, So I was out by 8pm. I wasn't too happy.
the cmi event was kinda wack too. Saturday 2 cars broke down on the track and i only got 4 passes. Sunday it started raining and then was postponed till the 24th. only time trials till 12pm. Only got in 2 passes.
tegboi Wrote:i think it was pretty cool, it was my first time showing my car at HIN, so it was fun. was out with most of the team. we were parked in the outside area, against the wall, once you walk out of the second main room, we were on the left side.

team ultraspeed

maybe thats why it was WEAK :eek4:
ryan Wrote:We had some drama with our booth, So I was out by 8pm. I wasn't too happy.
I noticed there was no SRO booth the day of the show, but on friday when my team was rolling in i saw there was a table you had set up that said "SRO booth" on it reserving your spot.

I was wondering what happened.

I wasnt too happy at first either cause my crew had a full display set up and they wanted to stick us outside under some trees and try to run power out to us. We were about to cancel our payements and turn around and leave.
Finally they moved us inside after some confrontation.

I don't know if there were more cars than past HIN events but it seemed that way with all the cars stuck outside. I didnt like that one hall wasnt even being used, and another was only half full of stock euro luxury/sport cars with HRE's on them. I think they call them "VIP"?
Wink :lame:

Aside from all the usual car show bullshit i had fun. It was good seeing you again Ryan.
last year HIN was around 510 cars, last year HID was 360.

I believe this year's count was 340 for the event... more vendors made for less space in the main room, but more cars outside.

attendance was high, which was good.

And i was diggin the live Drum and Bass set on the main stage around 11!

only illmatic, TWC, and G-life really made it up from socal. No Hybrid (1 car), no SoCal Techna, no Auto Concept, only Noel from Intl allstars came up, G-life brought out a low number of cars, seemed like a mostly norcal show.

Where's Chris Ku and Dara Sodano? i missed those peeps!
hey Slapslotnerd, how was the attendance this year?
3 AMSEVEN cars were there.

the show was shitty,.
Angels of Madness
and the 7 deadly sins

AM7
EK4 Almost done
WTF was up with all of the aftermarket wheel shod but otherwise stock Scions? How are those any different from what I see at the dealership everyday?

On the plus side though, there was a gorgeous AE86 with a Hasselgren built 16v in the second hall. Too bad it was a trailor queen as evidenced by the most horribly designed header I have ever seen in my life. Also, WTF was up with the Ferrari F40 sitting OUTSIDE the show?
"Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan
Anybody test drive the cobalts?

Saw one girl knock down half the cones .. not on purpose either
:eek4:
still waiting for pics from the shutter bugs.
89' fc3s turboII
03' yzf r6
gotriceboy05 Wrote:maybe thats why it was WEAK :eek4:

so you got a problem with us or what?
'92 gs-r - running
^ whoa kevin.. i don't think he meant it in that way.
so did u guys hit the runs after or wahhhhh
Dara's car was hit by a rental truck at show, I heard they sent the body panels up south to get painted. Kris I haven't seen him around in a while.. might be doing something to his car...
hot ricer night=always wak
95integrals Wrote:^ whoa kevin.. i don't think he meant it in that way.

looks like he ment it that way..
'92 gs-r - running
I've been to HIN so many time and same shit like before.... Even the girls are just old and ugly........ I guess this is a good lesson for new comers......
autoimportcraze.com has pics. so does babestir.com

and the crowd was somewhere around 12k paid
thanks for the links to the pics..... i was lookin for them...
I dunno about anyone else, but i had fun. saw a lot of people that i haven't seen in a long while and just really hung out and took pictures. i notice there was hell of alot more people attending, i think its good there was more corporate sponsors. cause that means theres more possibilities for bigger shows/events up north and for them to back these shows/events. i'm just glad they still have events up here with attitudes like this, all in all it was fun for me, heres a few i pictures scanned

[Image: ef90rf.jpg]
[Image: s2k5bi.jpg]
[Image: mini2mf.jpg]
[Image: cherier1jr.jpg]
[Image: colbalt26ie.jpg]
[Image: endless9ln.jpg]
[Image: unkwn1vl.jpg]
[Image: spoondc59kt.jpg]
[Image: miki9tj.jpg]
[Image: nkmg3kk.jpg]
[Image: colbalt15cs.jpg]
1320SP
Thirteen Twenty Street Performance
[From The Ground Up]
A#
pics came out great... what camera were you using and what settings did you have it at, if you don't mind me asking?
from what i here is that the reason VIP was only half filled is because it cost more to be in those rooms, and there is seperate cats. for them as well...
it was alright... ive seen better shows in the past. the import scene has too many posers.
It is great that this country have Freedom of Speech. Can't denied the people rights. Maybe one day some Corp's will pull the rugs unerneath Hot Import Night then HIN will no longer exist no matter how much the "Ricer" complain and cries or moan. You never know the important value of some event or things until its gone.

So enjoy it while it last. How about suggestion box ? How about voice your opion torward the HIN staff instead of moaning online like a whore on how bad it is ... In todays world there is many step. Speak up and voice your Opinion. Oh waite i forgot ... Some of you can't because you probably skip classes during high school and think college suck and didn't know what education is and the world is walking all over some of you. So that's my Freedom of Speech and my opinion that I believe it is appropriate for this topic. No I m not a Cop and yes i am in college studies so I can help others reform this god forsakken state one day so Politic is does not have there head up there butt. N yes I have a Ralli car and like going fast .. get it ?! going fast ?! uhh i bet you i sure catch a lot of PD attention now don't I ...
EF8 All Motor Wrote:pics came out great... what camera were you using and what settings did you have it at, if you don't mind me asking?

I used a Canon Elan 7e w/ Kodak True Color Film ISO 400. lets see, most of them where taken on auto(the green square). both cobalt pictures where on TV at about 1/60 of a second, the ef9(no flash) and mini(w/ flash) where also TV at 1/6 of a second. I dunno, but to me auto-focus is key. you have to take your pictures quick before someone walks in your way and fucks it all up. i wish i had a bigger flash though it would have helped alot, well hope that helps
1320SP
[From The Ground Up]
A#
WillDrift4food Wrote: It is great that this country have Freedom of Speech. Can't denied the people rights. Maybe one day some Corp's will pull the rugs unerneath Hot Import Night then HIN will no longer exist no matter how much the "Ricer" complain and cries or moan. You never know the important value of some event or things until its gone.

So enjoy it while it last. How about suggestion box ? How about voice your opion torward the HIN staff instead of moaning online like a whore on how bad it is ... In todays world there is many step. Speak up and voice your Opinion. Oh waite i forgot ... Some of you can't because you probably skip classes during high school and think college suck and didn't know what education is and the world is walking all over some of you. So that's my Freedom of Speech and my opinion that I believe it is appropriate for this topic. No I m not a Cop and yes i am in college studies so I can help others reform this god forsakken state one day so Politic is does not have there head up there butt. N yes I have a Ralli car and like going fast .. get it ?! going fast ?! uhh i bet you i sure catch a lot of PD attention now don't I ...

UR DA MAN!! :thumbup
JDGSR Wrote:UR DA MAN!! :thumbup

I was thinking the samething, you look back years ago and see how many import shows/events/drag races there use to be. there is barely anything going on up here and with these types of attitudes its just gonna get less and less. Lately i've notice theres more and more events happening, but if we don't appreciate them we'll have to go to SO-CAL for EVERY event. That shit will suck too, but hey people have the right to feel the way they do.
1320SP
[From The Ground Up]
A#
lovin the pics dude ... makes me wanna get a camera just like you now yayuh !!! .. hey btw was the model "jeri lee" at tha show !?
Sp DoHc vTeC Wrote:lovin the pics dude ... makes me wanna get a camera just like you now yayuh !!! .. hey btw was the model "jeri lee" at tha show !?
Thanks dude, yea i always loves taking pictures at shows starting from regular point and shoot cameras. then eventually decided to buy a better camera, hope to get D70 either by the end of this year or early next year. No sadly Jeri Lee wasn't there, i was hoping she was there, but she wasn't(what a disappointment). I wanted to get a picture of her too
1320SP
[From The Ground Up]
A#

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HOT IMPORT NIGHT **APRIL 2nd, 2005** San Mateo Expo Center DEMENTED 38 2,438 04-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Last Post: DEMENTED
  Import Motion Returns to SAC! (Feb 5) _Keith_ 0 103 01-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Last Post: _Keith_
  Sears Point Drag nights RacerZook 9 337 08-08-2002, 02:01 AM
Last Post: g5raprentice
  Hot August Nights... Big Chris 35 506 08-04-2002, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Chris
  who do you think is the best import chick? my shoe 0 9,219 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  who is a bomb aZz IMPORT cHiCk? my shoe 0 286 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  who do you think is the best iMpORt MoDeL chica? my shoe 0 152 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  the best import chicks ever 0 241 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Hot Import Nights $25!? AcUrA_BoY_408 0 862 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  import auto vibe-april pr0ject TRUENO 0 237 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: