• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what happen to the good ol days...
wheres all the OG SRO members at...
4wd ownzzzz
[Image: http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/a...ng1sig.jpg]

11sec4door

Confusedquintfaw
<- Og
"Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan
<---OG by now?
<---- OG, well sort of. I use to browse SRO wayyyy back. Then i finally became a member in 02.
im a ng Smile :hammer3:
JDMb18civic Wrote:wheres all the OG SRO members at...

Its cause the Milli 500 got overrated.... and you sold your civic.

haha.
I guess I've been around for awhile.
going on 2 years, im a newbbb
i was reading SRO before i was a member but i think im OG
I spend my lunch money on mods
i have been here since '02 just lurked. joined in 2003
i just luked late 00 then joined in 01
It's weird to think about all the stuff that's happened in your life, your real life since you've joined SRO. back then i was a street racer. going out everyweekend. I worked in Silicon Valley and had an apartment in Santa Clara.
sup algier...
Shift_passion
90 240sx still ka powered
I remember first coming onto SRO when I first got my car searching up on cars and streetracing in the bay. I was found the link to here on Purehonda.com, haha, dunno if you remember the site or not, but I remember when sro used to be like blue and yellow i think. not sure, dont really remember. And there used to be hella videos up. thats what i would watch all day in highschool. The only video i remember at this time is the one where thers an Fbody thats doin donuts and burn outs in like a parking lot and then the roller rolls up and busts the foo. But damm....this site has hella grown since ive been on it.
Haha; I have that vid saved at home (one of the SRO cruises I think). I think that was sacracer (?) who got busted doing the doughnut. I found this site when I was searching around car sites while I was stationed in Bahrain. I used to come here to read the kill stories, and even added a section to the "choose your own adventure" style story that was on here. One of these days, I'd like to actually meet some of you guys in person.
I also remember when the boards where y & b and we had the story you could add on too. I was also at the first SRO cruise that met in the In and Out Burgers where the cop showed up and took pictures. We then took that twisty mountain ride out on Skyline. I remember being on here when the first F&F came out and bashing the newbs.

I just liked the way you could read about the races you actually saw and hear the people talking smack and calling people out. It was a community. I think I have outgrown the scene but I still stop in and read some articles.
i am sure as hell not og, i think ive been reading for about a year more than my time being a member.

i'd just like to know what happened to the sro community as a whole...

i remember logging on here and the threads moving faster than what i could read.

was i just super forum newb and didnt notice that it was the same slow pace it is now?

i am nothing less than thrilled if the slowing of sro is due to a dieing off of the fast and furious crowd, but it just seems a little TOO quiet in here...

i wish there was a huge meet in the bay to kick off this warm season. something like the one at logitech in fremont at dumbarton circle a couple years back. it was nice before fremont pd came and rained on our parade.
==========================================
both dsm's gone, now rocking the bigblock EK on n2o Confusedmoke2:
thas wut im talkin bout...all the OGs coming out

i remember back then wen streetracing at mili wasnt as bad, meet at chevron by 237 den go to N.1st street (one of the best tracks IMO)...i used to go the races every weekend and the PRs happened and it became almost every other day....smoked hella foos wid my black hatchy and sum foo from oakland wanted to steal my hatch cuz they thought it was fast...Otown runs was one of the decent ones wen mili got played

well i met lots of people through here and i was known as the guy wid the black hatch Cool

fast foward to 2005...sold the hatch for a four door :eek4:
4wd ownzzzz

11sec4door

Confusedquintfaw
I guess im OG, was lookin at these boards some time around 97'-98' i think it was. didn't join till 01' though
1320SP
Thirteen Twenty Street Performance
[From The Ground Up]
A#
I guess I'm an OG...my friend introduced me to the boards in mid 00'...didn't join till early 01'. The memories of Milpitas before it blew up...makes me feel so nostalgic thinkin about it now. My cousin and I talked about street racing during xmas...I guess she was out there with her friends sometime in 93'-97' and I've been out there since 00'-present.
JDMb18civic Wrote:thas wut im talkin bout...all the OGs coming out

i remember back then wen streetracing at mili wasnt as bad, meet at chevron by 237 den go to N.1st street (one of the best tracks IMO)...i used to go the races every weekend and the PRs happened and it became almost every other day....smoked hella foos wid my black hatchy and sum foo from oakland wanted to steal my hatch cuz they thought it was fast...Otown runs was one of the decent ones wen mili got played

well i met lots of people through here and i was known as the guy wid the black hatch Cool

fast foward to 2005...sold the hatch for a four door :eek4:

Yeah! north first was great, I still liked Gateway better though. Ringwood was nice also, aslo Great America....haha, i remmeber Nate ran over one of my friend's foot while lining up. haha. Didn't like junction. Too many block ins there.
ahhh memories of sj runs heheh ... but yea member import showoff and tuning concept !? .. lolz hella old school .. and when there wer shows at the sj fairgrounds and sc convention center !? .. and prices where like $12 to get in lolz ...
510eclipse Wrote:i am sure as hell not og, i think ive been reading for about a year more than my time being a member.

i'd just like to know what happened to the sro community as a whole...

i remember logging on here and the threads moving faster than what i could read.

was i just super forum newb and didnt notice that it was the same slow pace it is now?

i am nothing less than thrilled if the slowing of sro is due to a dieing off of the fast and furious crowd, but it just seems a little TOO quiet in here...

i wish there was a huge meet in the bay to kick off this warm season. something like the one at logitech in fremont at dumbarton circle a couple years back. it was nice before fremont pd came and rained on our parade.

There used to be so many new posts that you could barely keep up. I think this site has died for many reasons but I think a lot has to do with how the scene itself has changed. Most of us OG guys have either moved on to cars that better represent who we are now, or are still in the import scene but not on the streetrace level. The police crackdowns also helped kill it.

Oh well.....the memories have already been made.
Sp DoHc vTeC Wrote:ahhh memories of sj runs heheh ... but yea member import showoff and tuning concept !? .. lolz hella old school .. and when there wer shows at the sj fairgrounds and sc convention center !? .. and prices where like $12 to get in lolz ...

HAHA i still have hella TUNING CONCEPT's, that mag was sick cause it was free. they should do shows at S.C. and S.J.(only one show here) convention centers again, those places were both pretty big(room wise) or look at SBC Park. there has to be convention rooms in there, but anyways i hella remember the good ol days. I felt ringwood was the best track, tons of room and long as hell. also liked great america, never really liked N. FIRST. that was the EASIEST PLACE to block in...in my opinion anyways
1320SP
Thirteen Twenty Street Performance
[From The Ground Up]
A#
Quote:Most of us OG guys have either moved on to cars that better represent who we are now, or are still in the import scene but not on the streetrace level

that about sums it up...although i do enjoy some good streetraces every once and while :wiggle:. i still think about those long trips to milpitas for the montegue 500 lol...those where the days
3DIMENSIONZ
94 Sentra Se-R
[Image: http://photobucket.com/albums/v518/707ni...e_0114.jpg]
i think i was here...since the bodykit faze.... everyone and their mama had a bodykit on their car, and it was consider the shiet.....
SjCiViCHB Wrote:Yeah! north first was great, I still liked Gateway better though. Ringwood was nice also, aslo Great America....haha, i remmeber Nate ran over one of my friend's foot while lining up. haha. Didn't like junction. Too many block ins there.

LOL! im glad he didn't sue! lol

I got a 4 door now too and an SRO baby!

Who remembers trying to drive in the dirt behind north first trying to get away from the cops! Or the 4 way teg race at gateway Smile Meeting at the Berryessa Luckys, The prelude getting nailed by the other prelude at N1st because the dumbass decided to make a u turn... oh ya that was when we raced the right way on first street so people like the dumbass in the camaro wouldnt run into the fence at the end of the damn road. Or when people didn't crowd the line so the real racers could run come back and run again without it being a traffic jam.... we all knew it was over when gay ass 94.9 had the race report. Always knowing what you were doing every friday & saturday night... then mondays and wednesdays.... Damn i feel old :thumbup

I always liked zanker because you know a cop wasnt gonna pop out of a side street.
HINDSIGHT IS ALWAYS 20/20

1995 DC2 (retired)
1999 R6 (sold)
2003 R6 Limited Edition (sold)
1998 ITR
2000 GS400
ive moved on to different cars and such as well, but i still enjoy going fast and i still miss the freedom of street racing without fear of getting my car taken out from under me.

i havent even been out to spectate in years, and im scared shitless to take my pride and joy out for even one night. i'd never want to see what it looks like after a month in impound...

i never cared before but the risk was never so extreme and i guess putting months and thousands into a ride will make you value your car a bit differently.
==========================================
both dsm's gone, now rocking the bigblock EK on n2o Confusedmoke2:
krazychowmein Wrote:LOL! im glad he didn't sue! lol

I got a 4 door now too and an SRO baby!

Who remembers trying to drive in the dirt behind north first trying to get away from the cops! Or the 4 way teg race at gateway Smile Meeting at the Berryessa Luckys, The prelude getting nailed by the other prelude at N1st because the dumbass decided to make a u turn... oh ya that was when we raced the right way on first street so people like the dumbass in the camaro wouldnt run into the fence at the end of the damn road. Or when people didn't crowd the line so the real racers could run come back and run again without it being a traffic jam.... we all knew it was over when gay ass 94.9 had the race report. Always knowing what you were doing every friday & saturday night... then mondays and wednesdays.... Damn i feel old :thumbup

I always liked zanker because you know a cop wasnt gonna pop out of a side street.

Gone thru the dirt about 4 times...usually cause it gets too blocked up trying to leave Nfirst when the cops roll thru. And I remember that camaro...tisk tisk...he didnt touch the brakes at all. :hammer2:
:hi: hello e'brybody
wow its nice to see old names but familiar...

sup nate...where u been???

well anyone remember the one trap at DIXON LANDING...where sum people went over the curb to the other side just to get away...well i was one of the people that got away..hahhah
wut bout the PRs...those are coo...i felt special for being invited Cool

memories....
4wd ownzzzz

11sec4door

Confusedquintfaw
Wsup Algier I've been here and there what about you? Like your new ride Smile
HINDSIGHT IS ALWAYS 20/20

1995 DC2 (retired)
1999 R6 (sold)
2003 R6 Limited Edition (sold)
1998 ITR
2000 GS400
JDMb18civic Wrote:wow its nice to see old names but familiar...

sup nate...where u been???

well anyone remember the one trap at DIXON LANDING...where sum people went over the curb to the other side just to get away...well i was one of the people that got away..hahhah
wut bout the PRs...those are coo...i felt special for being invited Cool

memories....

I remember that night at Dixon...thats the night they handed out flyers saying how just being on that street after 11pm is a crime. What BS!!! My favorite track was Gateway since it was so wide...but I also liked Auto Mall.

krazychowmein Wrote:Who remembers trying to drive in the dirt behind north first trying to get away from the cops! Or the 4 way teg race at gateway Meeting at the Berryessa Luckys, The prelude getting nailed by the other prelude at N1st because the dumbass decided to make a u turn... oh ya that was when we raced the right way on first street so people like the dumbass in the camaro wouldnt run into the fence at the end of the damn road. Or when people didn't crowd the line so the real racers could run come back and run again without it being a traffic jam.... we all knew it was over when gay ass 94.9 had the race report. Always knowing what you were doing every friday & saturday night... then mondays and wednesdays.... Damn i feel old

I remember drivin through the dirt...got pulled over too for doing it. Cop was sittin there argueing with me that a K&N filter was an illegal mod.

Anyone remember when the 2 Lotus Espirits came out in Fremont? Those were pretty tight...too bad they didn't wanna run Chiga's Skyline just for fun...that would have been cool to see.
I remember scanning the boards in late 99, then I finally joined in 01. I was always big into racing out in Livermore. We'd hit up milli every so often, 2-3 times a month. I loved the pre F & F days, everything seemed waaaay more laid back. Of course that whole growing up and having to mature thing probably has an impact on my current views of streetracing. Someone should dig up one of the old "You know your OG" threads/quizzes that used to pop up every so often.
Firefighters walk where the Devil Dances
55 Buick 4dr Led Sled, it finally runs!
89 4runner
65 Sunbeam Tiger
mid 20's Chevy truck
memories.... i remeber running at dumbarton....
I spend my lunch money on mods
im still here hhaah
3DimensionZ
90 civic hatchback- project car
2001 integra gsr- daily driver

[Image: http://gfbb.baseball.sportsline.com/imag...father.gif]
did somebody want an OG?
03 cobra 433rwhp 449rwtq
[Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/G...tcobra.jpg]
Man those were the days. I still have tons of videos but the best one I still can find a copy of was the yellow type r (not SVP's) but the one with the indiana plates, smoking a '02 Z28 on Zank.
I miss the monte 500..... and going to work and seeing all the tire marks in the morning in front of my office Smile
Good Ol days is the correct term. Gateway is always the best track. 1st Street is fun, seen numerous accidents there. Ringwood and Junction has plenty of memories. Meeting back in the days at Berryessa was fun. Finding new tracks like Dumbarton is a venture but worth it. Wednesday night meeting at KK in Union City is a venture. I know most of the people who knows what I am talking about is not in the street racing scene probably moving on to bigger and better things. Driving in the dirt at 1st street breaking down fences and hiding behind a barn was just some crazy shit we would do. Back in the days 13 second quarter miles is the shitz.

Now who still have their cars?

Who is still fixing up their cars.

I had a civic back then which got stolen, (which was the best thing ever) , now driving an A4, G35, E55. I find it more fun owning more cars than dumping 20-30k into a civic.
1997 B18c1 Civic - Stolen
2004 Acura TSX w/navi
2004 Audi 1.8T
i sold my EG and got a 4door

its funny wid all these new people that are in to streetracing and claiming they know everything...all these kids that look at me like i dont know anything bout hondas just cuz i own a MITSU...im like "son i graduated from a HONDA" Angel
4wd ownzzzz

11sec4door

Confusedquintfaw
JDMb18civic Wrote:i sold my EG and got a 4door

its funny wid all these new people that are in to streetracing and claiming they know everything...all these kids that look at me like i dont know anything bout hondas just cuz i own a MITSU...im like "son i graduated from a HONDA" Angel

Algier you suck. you bought a car that was fast already. you cheated. you have to buy a slow car and run 13s, then you can smoke anything oh and it can only be fwd. awd is for cheaters. hahaha..
WHat's up everyone. Diavolo, you are still a homo. HAHA
Street Dreams are made of these!
ahh yes the days when poser nate wanted to be an LS . hehehe

i went way back when my bro was racing i was always sittin in the back seat. i was the nitrous bitch. i got to turn on /off the nitrous bottle whenever he was there. ae86 on nitrous. when no one knew what kinda car it was, before it was mainstream. 1997. everyone thoguht it was a celica or a supra.
http://SpoolinPerformance.com
Bay area turbo installs and fabrication.
log manifold/IC/dwnpipe.dmptube

93 b20 Civic Turbo- stln
91 all motor LS integra- sld
gizzer 4Dr- built & Turboed
SjCiViCHB Wrote:Algier you suck. you bought a car that was fast already. you cheated. you have to buy a slow car and run 13s, then you can smoke anything oh and it can only be fwd. awd is for cheaters. hahaha..

Damn this is Algier? I know you fool. LOL
1997 B18c1 Civic - Stolen
2004 Acura TSX w/navi
2004 Audi 1.8T
way to much stuff has happend sence i first started coming to SRO
Jay Taylor
I got a mustang and I like to go around corners...
but my car dosnt...
V8R Wrote:Byron is a commie fascist vegan Big Grin
||Wagonist||speedzoku.com||

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Tints 4 reasonable price renabeana 9 562 05-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Last Post: BlacktraxGirl
  tires what's good place to buy them the san jose/fremont area? trdspd 12 488 04-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Last Post: EstimaTCR
  good tint place for cheap around san jose james4o8 24 991 04-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Last Post: 510eclipse
  What the fuck happen last night in SL? Quad-Damage 13 1,363 03-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Last Post: vndragonslayer
  Good and Cheap polishing the bay area??? EP GOLDIE 8 550 02-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Last Post: project DC2
  looking to see some good races in the 408 area moyz 18 826 02-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Last Post: u2sdc2
  Any good machine shop in the bay area? b18onboost 1 93 07-31-2002, 02:50 AM
Last Post: kalieclipserace
  Where To Get Good Deals On Wheels & Tires? KrZyMaX 8 242 07-14-2002, 04:34 PM
Last Post: neevosh
  good garage indoplaya 0 75 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Window Tinting: Where to go in the south 408 for good/inexpensive tinting Gabe 0 357 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: