Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What muffler shop has a straight pipe / test pipe
im looking for a test pipe to replace my cat. what muffler shops in or around san jose got these kind of pipes? also im looking for installation too.
im in san jose.
looking for one for my 93 civic hb dx
should be 2.25"
james4o8 Wrote:im looking for a test pipe to replace my cat. what muffler shops in or around san jose got these kind of pipes? also im looking for installation too.
im in san jose.
looking for one for my 93 civic hb dx
should be 2.25"

ebay
Straight pipes are illegal and I doubt any legit muffler shop would install it for you.
And the police would never figure out that he had one..........unless he had enough personal information on the web to identify himself...........nah, that would never happen............would it? :doh5:
In San Diego, if you show up at a shop with a car you drove in and ask for a "test pipe", there's a 100% chance they'll think you're an undercover cop trying to bust them.
Yeah, what kind of muffler shop carries exhaust pipes? That's got to be pretty tough to find... Rolleyes
Define irony...

Paris Wrote:Read and comprehend before you write.
hahaha, all muffler shops have straight pipes. did you think they only have curved ones?
As the sign says at the local muffler shop by my office:

"I'll remove your catalytic convertor if you'll pay the $2500 fine for me to do so"
"Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan
and to think, i WISH i could afford to put a cat on right now...

the damn thing smells like shit and makes for a horrible date car haha.
==========================================
both dsm's gone, now rocking the bigblock EK on n2o Confusedmoke2:
510eclipse Wrote:the damn thing smells like shit and makes for a horrible date car haha.

You are talking about the cat I hope............
sgtgrant i got a question for you... is having the valentine (cop detector) illegal to have in the car? http://www.valentine1.com/
no, radar detectors are legal in california. However, radar jammers are illegal.
what will the police say if i had this inside my car?
wow how much did that cost?
They are legal. Are they effective? Usually not. By the time that thing lights off, you are usually already measured on the radar readout. We see radar detectors in people's cars all the time. Usually it is an indicator that the person speeds on a regular basis, and just doesn't want to get caught. Does that make a difference in prosecution? Probably not, however, if a judge knows you run one, I think their perception of you might be different. Going into court and pleading innocent on a speeding ticket claiming you never speed but having a radar detector on your dash is kind of a contradiction.
Sgt Grant discounts the fact that a good detector will give you some warning when the cars ahead of you (even beyond line-of-sight to the radar gun) are being painted, even with the now-ubiquitous "instant on" guns. If you're familiar with the areas in your normal stomping grounds that have been surveyed for radar enforcement (and are thus paying attention when the detector goes off) you can tell when the local LE are set up and writing tickets.

Unfortunately, traffic radar isn't as accurate or infallible as the courts or officers using the guns would lead you to believe. At the typical distances where modern guns will start detecting speed, the beam can be over 100 feet wide, and there's no way for an officer to determine what within that beam is actually being measured. A properly-trained officer will wait until there's only one possible moving target in the beam, but in heavy traffic that's just not possible.

Back when I used to ride a motorcycle, I got pulled over once by a motor officer who showed me the display on the gun, which read 76 mph (in a 35 zone). I looked over at the train tracks parallel to the road where an Amtrak passenger train had just gone by, and asked him, "are you sure you clocked my motorcycle, and not the train?" All he said was, "watch your speed" and then he sent me on my way. If I was less-aware of the way traffic radar works, I would have had no choice but to eat a big ticket.

Lidar is a different story. The beam is narrow, like a laser pointer, and the guns are aimed though a red dot sight. All a laser detector does is tell you you're about to get a ticket, because there's almost no way to tell it's in use unless you're already being painted.
Quote:Lidar is a different story. The beam is narrow, like a laser pointer, and the guns are aimed though a red dot sight. All a laser detector does is tell you you're about to get a ticket, because there's almost no way to tell it's in use unless you're already being painted.

Bingo! Hey wait a minute, aren't you and I supposed to be the same person?
SgtGrant Wrote:You are talking about the cat I hope............

good guesser!
==========================================
both dsm's gone, now rocking the bigblock EK on n2o Confusedmoke2:
PNG Wrote:Lidar is a different story. The beam is narrow, like a laser pointer, and the guns are aimed though a red dot sight. All a laser detector does is tell you you're about to get a ticket, because there's almost no way to tell it's in use unless you're already being painted.

Ah yes, the infamous "Congratulatoins, you just got a ticket" sound and light show from the Valentine 1.
"Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan
So seriously, are they worth the money? For those who own them, any of u think that u avoided costly tickets? I am thinking of getting one for my friend as a present.
i dont own the valentine one but i got a cobra and it sucks ass. beeps at random things. not worth the money. just dont drive like you own the road
mine got jacked in my car
sad
wow that is sad :-\ its more sad if your windows was up and doors were lock

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  locating an industrial shop? project DC2 0 247 05-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Last Post: project DC2
  custom t-shirts shop in bay area jdmspec 1 245 01-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Last Post: Ryans
  Where to complain about a auto repair shop? PoyPoy123 4 191 08-06-2002, 10:44 PM
Last Post: PoyPoy123
  Any good machine shop in the bay area? b18onboost 1 155 07-31-2002, 02:50 AM
Last Post: kalieclipserace
  Exhaust shop in South Bay... pomiantech 14 369 02-16-2002, 02:04 AM
Last Post: project DC2
  Need a QUALITY shop for my teg (not tech3 lol) blizzard 31 558 02-11-2002, 03:49 AM
Last Post: RSX Jay
  Need NorCal Shop 2 Do AEM Pully Install for >$80 blizzard 0 272 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Powder Coating Shop In Bay Area VMS H22Power 0 177 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Yes its a body shop! 97.Z28.30TH ANN 0 83 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Turbo Shop in NorCal..... HELP! Hoss318 0 253 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: