Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duel at De Anza '05
Anyone else get the thing in mail to sign up for this? My Mom and I are signed; i'm driving the wagon and she is driving her RX-8...
'04 Subaru WRX Wagon
'00 Suzuki Bandit 600S
?details!
is this drift in the parking lot thing?
james4o8 Wrote:is this drift in the parking lot thing?
No, it's an autocross. They frown on drifting in these events.

The application was due on the 25th, so if you haven't sent it in already, you're screwed. I won't be there though because in all of my infinite wisdom, I forgot to put a complete address on the envelope so it got sent back to me.

I'm glad to see that it has returned though.
"Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan
pkrSE-R Wrote:Anyone else get the thing in mail to sign up for this? My Mom and I are signed; i'm driving the wagon and she is driving her RX-8...

Yeah (I got mine in the mail also),

Isn't it on the 15th of May. My mom sent me the flyer to sign up, but obviously I wasn't able to get it done because I got the paper work a week after the due date. Plus I just found out a couple of days ago when I'll be on leave.

P.S. I'm going to be home between the 10th through the 24th in May...so you guy will probably see me there with some of my buddies hanging out you know.
TYPE LT (Luxury Touring)
I thought it was cancelled.
They had cancelled it originally, but the lot where the autocross is held is still there so they brought it back. The organizers thought that the new parking structure was being built over the spot where the course is placed.
'04 Subaru WRX Wagon
'00 Suzuki Bandit 600S
I love how I goto De Anza, and I had no clue about this.

So too late to sign up?
last year my blow off valve broke during the event, turbo car = cant build boost = poop in event. but.. and my lack of skill.. gave me some embarrasing time lol
neofreak Wrote:I thought it was cancelled.
it's not listed on the school calendar.I'm calling 2morrow
No matter what you do , spend or tinker on with your ricer,
IT'S STILL RICE !

NASCAR COMPETITION LICENSE HOLDER and AMA LIFE MEMBER
Damn, i never got anything. My brother said it was invite only.
VETTE Wrote:it's not listed on the school calendar.I'm calling 2morrow

heh, I don't think it'd be listed on there. I will drop by the auto shop see whats up.
ryan Wrote:Damn, i never got anything. My brother said it was invite only.

yea it was an invitation to the people that have perticipated before. i had 1 spot i gave it to my friend.
invite only....

i think past winners and some participants

they dont want random people coming in at like 3 am like past DUELS hahaha
ViEtNaMeeH Wrote:invite only....

i think past winners and some participants

they dont want random people coming in at like 3 am like past DUELS hahaha
past winners and 2003 participants. just found out that i got my invite in the mail, too late now
HOLLA AT YO BOY!!!!!!!
now if your bad, people will get outta your way, but if you got shit, ain't no one fucking with you!
Great, it's this weekend already
tbkonwso Wrote:last year my blow off valve broke during the event, turbo car = cant build boost = poop in event. but.. and my lack of skill.. gave me some embarrasing time lol

I've seen you on Supraforums. Are you some sort of ricer or something? How the hell does your blow of valve break? Turbo car can't build boost? Are you on stock twins or single? If you're on the twins then you don't know wtf you're talking about. On the Fremont meet thread you said your bov broke and you lost back pressure? Haha you're funny.
VINZE Wrote:I've seen you on Supraforums. Are you some sort of ricer or something? How the hell does your blow of valve break? Turbo car can't build boost? Are you on stock twins or single? If you're on the twins then you don't know wtf you're talking about. On the Fremont meet thread you said your bov broke and you lost back pressure? Haha you're funny.

he had his civic at the time.
VINZE Wrote:I've seen you on Supraforums. Are you some sort of ricer or something? How the hell does your blow of valve break? Turbo car can't build boost? Are you on stock twins or single? If you're on the twins then you don't know wtf you're talking about. On the Fremont meet thread you said your bov broke and you lost back pressure? Haha you're funny.

not very smart are you ? bov's can leak because theres a flaw in the design, too much boost, or the spring inside the valve needs to be tigtened up to provide more seating pressure.

if the blow off valve is leaking/open how do you supposed you build boost when its all leaking out of the valve?

and yes at the time he had a turbo civic. now he has an NA supra. :guitar:
http://SpoolinPerformance.com
Bay area turbo installs and fabrication.
log manifold/IC/dwnpipe.dmptube

93 b20 Civic Turbo- stln
91 all motor LS integra- sld
gizzer 4Dr- built & Turboed
A few pictures from today's event:
http://www.pbase.com/zakooldude/deanza_street_racing
It was fun. I was pretty disappointed in myself, however. I saw AC (StreetGuy) there but no other SRO people. Ryan, your brother did pretty good; he has a teal 510, right? If I can figure out how to upload video, I'll post a couple different runs.
'04 Subaru WRX Wagon
'00 Suzuki Bandit 600S
Hey pkrSE-R,
Thanks.My 510 was running good.I ran 55.9 oversteering on street tires.
The track was a nice flowing layout.Lot's of fun and lots of bitchin cars.
510garage.com
sromagazine.com
pkrSE-R Wrote:It was fun. I was pretty disappointed in myself, however. I saw AC (StreetGuy) there but no other SRO people. Ryan, your brother did pretty good; he has a teal 510, right? If I can figure out how to upload video, I'll post a couple different runs.
Yeah,

It was cool to see pkrSE-R there & rollin10s. I won't even bother mentioning my time, but I didn't hit any cones though or spunned out. Which to me wasn't too bad of a run since I haven't driven for a very long time you know.

P.S. Three months of not driving at all & I still got a better time then my father. Even though I only beat him by five seconds, but he then again he did hit five cones though & stalled once (in an automatic...idle was too low when he had braked really car). Regardless, everybody was being safe & having a good time.
TYPE LT (Luxury Touring)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Duel At DeAnza College May 15th 2005 Ryans 24 1,044 05-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Black Komet
  De Anza meet-up ..? JohnJohn152 0 195 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  parking at de anza MyStIkThOuGhT 0 264 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  If you go to de anza..... LordTerrin 0 4,325 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  DE ANZA HEADS!!!! please give reviews EnticivEclipse 0 85 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  34th Annual Dual at De Anza vhd 0 28 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  De Anza Duel!!!!!! HondaThis 0 956 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  De Anza thread, the sequel... Tragedy 0 2,559 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  De Anza College ... blaaahh JohnJohn152 0 557 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Any De Anza college students???? Jibran 0 1,893 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: