Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
license suspension request for restriction?
so i had a restriction from a speed contest.. thats 2 points ..could only drive from school and to work only.. now that i have another ticket waiting for me .. and i cant take traffic school cus i taken it before the 6 months ... so thats makes it 3 or 4 points.. i know sooner or later there going to suspend my license for 6 months.. is there any way i can request a restriction for 6 months to go school and go work? .. by talking to the dmv or the judge will they let me off with a restriction?
You can ask but the judge may look over you record and see the ammount of violations and say tuff *SHIT*. They have no obligation to let you drive to work or school since you should have been following the law in the first place... Big Grin never had to worry too much about my points cause I always seemed to spread em out far enough. But yeah I would ask em, even if they don't want to yank your license, you may want to in show of good faith to lower the ammount for the ticket.
I believe the judge has no say in wiether or not the drivers license is taking, the dmv is the one that decides that. The dmv will send you a notice stating the date and for the reason(s) are. Then you should be able to request a specil hearing to be heard by a dmv rep in charge of deciding yes or no. He will ask you about all your offenses and the details of what happend them offer you a chance to exsplain why they should not take it, just tell them about your school and work and such and hope that when you recieve the notice of decision in the mail they agree that you need it.
Since you were already on that very restriction when you got another ticket, I'd say your chances are slim to none.
The Republic was not established by cowards; and cowards will not preserve it ... This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.

Elmer Davis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  front license plate MeshmeQqQ 33 712 03-09-2002, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Mr Rogers
  license plates jesse 38 1,055 10-04-2001, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Chiaouzu
  License Plate Covers? Bamm Bamm 3 263 09-06-2001, 06:44 PM
Last Post: SgtGrant
  question about license plates Prime 2 283 04-10-2001, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Prime
  Euro-style front license plates Niño 1 257 02-26-2001, 10:12 PM
Last Post: sjpopo
  help, suspended license from court, now DMV? project DC2 0 171 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Limit for out-of-state license plates 0 101 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Front license plate. REQUIRED?? 0 241 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  provisional license xc5rlm 0 168 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  anotha license plate question? EnticivEclipse 0 300 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: