Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speeding Ticket....
Today I got a speeding ticket for speeding 69 in a 55, but me and my sister that was in the car with me both knew that I wasnt speeding, I got pulled over on a one way street, the cop was coming towards me and there was a truck in front of him, so how would he know that it was me speeding? He started braking between 100-200 yards in front of me so he can flip a uturn and pull me over. My CHP friend said that CHP cars dont have radars that can tell how fast your coming towards them is that true? Help SGT Grant
I was doing between 55-58, HONESTLY, If I would have been speeding I would be a man about it and admit it
fight it in court.
[Image: http://www.sromagazine.com/photopost/dat...c00043.JPG]
oldstormowner Wrote:compaired to something like a z300 nissan , a skyline or mazda rx9
and i know skylines are heavy bitches too but there awd makes up for it
yup, i say fight it in court, im just waiting on sgt grants reply.

oh and euro rev i love the quote in your sig hahhahah
Asad Wrote:There is no replacement for displacement. Plain and fucking simple.
As I've said many times before, court is a crap shoot. You go thinking you have a strong case and sometimes you luck out and do. Other times what you thought the officer had against them, they really didn't. And, CHP do have radar that shoots both frontwards, and backwards and they can shoot on the move in some areas.
The Republic was not established by cowards; and cowards will not preserve it ... This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.

Elmer Davis
Radar > you

If he says he got you on radar you have a very small chance of winning the case if you fight it. The same thing happened to me on Thursday, just pay the fine or go to driving school, and be a lot more careful next time, that's really all you can do.
But there was a truck infront of him, how does the CHP know that it was my car instead of the truck and my sis is my witness
That will be up to the officer to explain how he excluded the truck as the vehicle measured. The CHP do traffic enforcement stops all day long and are pretty good at what they do. Up to you if you want to find out in court the skill level of this particular officer.
The Republic was not established by cowards; and cowards will not preserve it ... This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.

Elmer Davis
I am fighting this shit because I am not going to admit guilt to something I know that I wasnt doing, I major in Administration of Justice at a local college and it pisses me off that I got pulled over because my car is a Honda, lowered or just plain simple modified car. This makes me HATE cops, but if you cant beat them join them. FUCK CHP!!!
:hehe: If you are going to Gavilan, I'll have to sick two of my buddies on you that teach A.J. there....... Big Grin

Elmer Davis
I know Jones hes a good teacher and one cool guy, but I dont attend Gav anymore, I also know Steve smith, You can understand where I am coming from rite....? Its not about the money or the point because I can attend traffic school , its the waste of my time, and the fact that I was obeying the post speed limit
Well, you'll have to weigh the odds of winning vs. the effort. If you are planning on a career in LE, and you believe the officer made a mistake, that is what court is for.

Elmer Davis
I've fought two bad tickets and won both times
No matter what you do , spend or tinker on with your ricer,
IT'S STILL RICE !

NASCAR COMPETITION LICENSE HOLDER and AMA LIFE MEMBER

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you give a CHP a ticket? Ryans 40 1,969 06-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Last Post: SgtGrant
  waking up into a ticket boo5t3d7 15 1,077 05-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Last Post: boo5t3d7
  Ticket for loud music m3thod21 39 1,934 05-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Last Post: jttegx
  got a ticket for some BS!! ElectronBlueGSR 23 1,361 03-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Last Post: <3
  ticket questions.... Zero0ne-GTS 3 345 08-09-2002, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Zero0ne-GTS
  Ticket Question HELP! quickex00 1 252 07-24-2002, 09:42 AM
Last Post: 10AELee
  ticket price? HondaHb916 3 199 02-07-2002, 09:05 PM
Last Post: b18onboost
  Cop gave me ticket but didnt mark juvenile court wuyah 9 433 09-06-2001, 05:38 PM
Last Post: sjpopo
  Ticket for not wearing a seatbelt lowandslow 1 200 09-03-2001, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Wolf
  warrant? ticket? help silude 0 138 08-30-2001, 11:06 AM
Last Post: silude