Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Start Help Please
Today I fired up my bike no problem, drove fine to work everything is cherry. Lunch time I have to ride about 40 minutes away to get a part. When I stop and fill up with fuel I couldn't get the thing started again. As soon as I would press the starter button it would kill all the lights, gauges, everything.

I push started it out of there and rode to another parts place 25 minutes away, same problem. If I press the kill switch to turn off the bike the lights (neutral, oil etc) stay on and make me think its not the battery, as soon as I press the starter switch she goes completely dead though.

Checked the fuses they seem good, what else should I do? I'm assuming bikes don't have alternators, am I right? Any input would really help me at this point. Thanks
2001 Dakota - sold
1998 Honda CBR 600 - stock
North American Engine & Transmission
1-866-853-4420
I don't have a bike. But I'm pretty sure they have alternators. Check your battery connections, sometimes when they're corroded, they wont give you enough current to wind up the starter.
Turned out it was the battery cables...little corroded and one loose connection. Thanks.
2001 Dakota - sold
1998 Honda CBR 600 - stock
North American Engine & Transmission
1-866-853-4420
01Dakota Wrote:Turned out it was the battery cables...little corroded and one loose connection. Thanks.

Score. +1 for me. ANNNNNDD I don't even have a bike.. hahaha jk
Mr RC51 Wrote:But Rob, the clutch lever isn't on the right side either. HAHAHAHAHHAHA

= X

i think i missed this one,.. lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How did you start? Mickee 17 467 08-13-2002, 05:22 PM
Last Post: nugit
  start small???? adult opininion please 0 410 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Help!!! Bike won't start! 0 112 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  929 wont start Apok929 0 169 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: