Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust Flame thrower
I have a friend who wants to make flames come out of his exhaust pipe. I know Its possible with a carburated vehicle, but I can't find a way to do it on a vehicle with EFI(electornic fuel injection). Does any have any Idea how to flames come out of the exhaust on and EFI vehicle. Or now where I can get a exhaust flame thrower kit for EFI.
thanks
hm... there's a product called dragun fire... it's made in japan, but someone's imported it, i'll try to find out who... from what i understand, when you are using it, it makes your A/F mixture run rich, and there's something in the exhaust pipe to ignite it... it sounds really bad for your cat though... plus it's around $800... but i guess most electronics that mess with A/F ratios are expensive...
i heard somebody screwed a sparkplug into the exh pipe then wired it to a button. that might work with no cats and a turbo? heh

search on this, ive seen a few more on this topic
you'd probably have to push the button right when you downshifted.. Wink maybe you could rig up a SuperAFC or something, and trick it into running rich... sounds like a lot of work though... maybe your friend should run nitromethane... top fuelers shoot crazy flames out their exhaust...Smile
Quote:Originally posted by silude
i heard somebody screwed a sparkplug into the exh pipe then wired it to a button.

This is exactly how u can do it. Usually the exhaust fumes are hot enough that if you screw in a spark plug near the rear, you can shoot flames. You will also need the plug wire and an accuator(switch) to complete it. I have seen it done this way on many hot rods(fuel injected).
Thanks for posting the same question on 5 boards. I dont know if I would have responded had it been on any less.
I was about to say the same thing.
Is it safe to actually do this? Is it just for show? Or does it actually help to? Cuase it sounds like a good weekend project. Thanks in advance.
From what I gather. It can be dangerous if you do it the wrong way. But it I guess it just depends who you talk to. The flames are pretty much just for show. There are several websites that sell kits that say they're safe. But I have yet to find a way to make an EFI system run rich enough to get the flame to ignite with out running a fuel injector of something in your tail pipe.
Well there was a post someplace else about this. On all these honduhs and things its hard to do. But if your car is carbbed its a lot easier. All you do is, get a toggle switch,wire (not sure what kind, spark plug wire might work), and spark plug. drill a hole for the sparkplug in the exhaust, near the end of the exhaust. Hook up the wire to the toggle and the toggle to a nice positive connection. You should test it before, Make sure the spark plug ignites. Then take the choke on your carbbed engine and richen the mix up a little bit with the choke, rex it up and then flip the switch you should get a nice flame show if done right Smile I dont know how EFI would work but what you need is to get a rich mixture so that the gas fumes will still be in the exhaust. The thing is, that your acceleration sucks if you shoot plames out while driving hehe.

Josh
on rotary carz itz easy espically wit the twin turbo modle. for dem all u do iz run str8 pipz and run the A to F rich...in sum cases u dont even have to run it rich. but be ware ull get caught by the copz and get fined for dat
the 707 area :holla:
2005 Ninja 636(totaled :uhhh: :lame: people should learn how to drive and not hit folks on bikes!)
2004 Honda CBR600rr my new toy :thumbup(sold)
searching for a new toy!
Someone asked about it a few weeks ago and I forgot to put up the info so here it is.

here is the simple way of doing it. This is ment to expand your knowledge. READ & DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

Supplies needed: Wire, Wire Connectors, switch, Spark pluge & nut with the same thread, drill/bits & basic electrical tools, zip ties

1) Drill a hole the size of the spark plug about 2-3 inches from tip on the muffler (or end of the tail pipe if you have no muffler)

2) Find a location to mount your switch ( Controls spark to ignite exaust)

3) Run eletrical wire from the muffler to the location in the car where you will place you switch. (I suggest running the wire so that it cant be see, use zipties to run the wire along with the stock wireing in you car.)

3) run electrical wire from your battery to your switch (+ side only you should also fuse you power wire before switch) DO NOT connect to battery yet.

4) now just put it all together, start with inserting sparkplug and nut, connect wire to copper end of plug, you can use a female connector. hook your switch make sure its off then connect the power.

5) (Do this part at night.) Start up your car let it and let it warm up. Rev your car flip the switch watch your buddies eyes lite up. hahaaa requires practice (WARNING dont leave switch on too long toggle it.)
i have 3 cars that of which includes a ram air firebird a z28 camaro and a prelude i want to put flame kits on all cars if NE1 has websites i can buy this from plz post THANX
haha. fast and the furious style. Carbbed cars are a lot cheaper and easier to put flame kits on. Cars with EFI are hard to do and cost more $.
http://www.hotrodsetc.net/flame%20throwi...order.html
A couple of months ago I had 5ft blue flames commin out my exhaust... My car was runnin extremly rich.. but its fixed now
Autoloc has just started selling this kit within hte last few months. Haven't heard any reviews yet, but htought it was worth a look. They claim you can shoot a flame up to 20 feet long! I'd imagine that it depends on your vehicle. I have also seen where people use just the sparkplug trick, but then they add a braided hose that carries PROPANE! The propane should only be on at full throttle, if not it may back up in your exhaust and cause a nasty explosion. Check out Autoloc's kit here. http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=FLAME
:mad: :mad:
i got one for ya... do the sparkplug in the tailpipe trick BUT add a small tank of flammable fluid, a waterpump and a jet on the end before the spark plug. then you can rev the car flick the switch and the jet will make a mist which should go a good 5-10 feet.

also you could use a turn signal flasher to turn the plug on and off so you dont have to keep flicking the switch.
Big Grin this is realy easy. got to a junk yard and steel a coil from any car(thats wat we call em its wat the ht leads are feed from) and screw it to you trunk floor. wire it up from the battry with a fuse to be sake then earth it on the shell of the car. drill a hole in your exaust and weld the plug in. wire in a switch and connect the plug up. then make sure the switch is off and fire up you car. you'll have to make sure your cars runnin slitely rich but dont go ott. switch it on then rev the car, wen you back off the gas some will still go through and the spark will ignite it. it works on any car turbo, inj or carb. its realy big in the uk that.
i actually drew up a plan on how to make one of those. i got all the parts but since i got my stainless can muffler i dont want to drill through the tip of it. i could drill a hole in the bottom of the tailpipe and fit it but i dont think i will because its hard to make small efi engines do that without spraying any flammable liquid into the exhaust which would require another hole and something rigged to spray fluid into the exhaust system.

also if you do that to your car in the uk you will NOT pass an mot test so you will have to remove it and plug the hole before mot time rolls around.
oops... didnt know you were from the uk till i looked at your location stu

i was one of the first people in the uk to come up with that idea, way before that fiesta rst in fastcar and well before the flame kits came out.
that way of doin it has been around for ages mate i doubt you were the first to do one. ive seen em on cosworths an other efi cars and they work fine you just have to back off fast from full throtle, then.......BANG!
the best way is to get an external msd coil and take a long spark plug wire from the coil to the spark plug. hook the coil up to ground and 12+ with a toggle switch in the middle of the 12 volt. rev up your car and when it backfires flip the toggle on. and watch the fire fly. if you leave it on after the car is done backfiring the flame will travel up the tail pipe make a big bang and blow your header right off your head. it will just shear the bolts right off. i have seen it happen. but if it is worth all that ricen action go ahead.
ok, my dad has a 1989 corolla that is carbbed , how long would you think the flames be if i tried this on his car?
Quote:Originally posted by 2Muchb00st
on rotary carz itz easy espically wit the twin turbo modle. for dem all u do iz run str8 pipz and run the A to F rich...in sum cases u dont even have to run it rich. but be ware ull get caught by the copz and get fined for dat

wtf are u saying.
i heard some MSD boxes with the 2-step will do this if you
over-rev the engine and hit the 2-step straightpipe...dunno if its true tho.....
Originally posted by 2Muchb00st
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My god, when will people learn ENGLISH. No more of this ebonics stuff
Quote:Originally posted by silude
i heard somebody screwed a sparkplug into the exh pipe then wired it to a button. that might work with no cats and a turbo? heh

search on this, ive seen a few more on this topic

It's a guy with a supra and he is on almost every internet vid involving cars.
Street Dreams are made of these!
In my 89 Mustang GT we used a Throddle body enhancer and we used CAM II and it threw a flame everytime you took off in first.. hehehe.. Only thing was my friend did it to his Mustang too and it melted his back bumper.. HAHAHAAHA:haha:
Quote:Originally posted by kataklyzm
over-rev the engine and hit the 2-step straightpipe...dunno if its true tho.....

ya it will my friends hatch does it
ive got one for you....

a friend wanted his little 1.0 sohc to throw flames so we stuck a small tank filled with propane under the seat and ran it into the exhaust at an angle infront of the muffler. then we mounted the sparkplug in the tailpipe and wired it up to a coil from an old astra and wired it all up.

after that we wanted to see if itd work and it did. just open up the tank give it a second to get into the exhaust, rev, spark and boomBig Grin
Quote:Originally posted by kataklyzm

Its not really a flame, its more like a M1000 going off.
o..haha my car does that anyway:p
wtf?!? suprised no one has said anything yet. why would you purposedly make your car run rich?!?! dont you know what that does to you rings and plugs. guess ricers will always like shit like that as long as the mainstream society make movies like fnf..... well just my 2 cents FLAME ON! FLAME BOYS
http://www.autoloc.com

they have a kit all you have to buy is a coil and a plug
BECAUSE IT MAKES NO ATTEMPT TO BE GREAT, IT IS THERFORE EXTREMLY GREAT! :eek5:
Quote:Originally posted by TypeRPaul
ya it will my friends hatch does it

Paul, are you talking about Richard Miles?
CPL NGUYEN-US ARMY
18th Airborne Corps, Dragon Brigade

1990 180SX
Nah my friend Mike from SQR
jus go buy a wrx, upgrade the turbo and exhaust, get a boost controller and remove the cat. You can shoot pretty nice fireballsBig Grin
It works pretty good on FD rotaries too. Just add a test pipe.
CPL NGUYEN-US ARMY

1990 180SX
Quote:Originally posted by datsun510dude
jus go buy a wrx, upgrade the turbo and exhaust, get a boost controller and remove the cat. You can shoot pretty nice fireballsBig Grin

Rolleyes

You don't need a turbo upgrade to shoot a flame. It's called fuel, if you run rich (FD style) and straight exhaust then you will shoot flames.
Street Dreams are made of these!
I know this flames stuff sounds cool and all, but for 1, it's illegal and you will be fined for it, you could even possibly be taken to court because some guy who was parked to close behind you and you accidently shot flames at his car and melted some of his paint (that was just an example). Lastly, it melts the paint above your tailpipe.
nobody explained how you make your fuel run rich tho.... you need to be able to cut the spark outta the motor. so that when you hit the toggle switch, it cuts the spark from the motor and sends the spark to the plug in the tailpipe. thats how raw fuel gets through the tailpipe and gets ignited, thus sending a flame into the car behind you in traffic. oh, and if you do get one hooked up and set a car on fire, it's your own stupid ass fault and you can't blame me for telling ya how, you asked!!
You do not have to richen your fuel!

Most of the installs listed here are correct. but on a carb, as long as there is vacume in the motor it will suck the gas through. When you push the button it kills the coil for the motor so the fuel goes through the motor un burnt as it gets to the tail pipe the second coil and plug in the pipe ignite the fuel. You rev thr motor to about 3000 and hit the button and you get about 2-3 seconds of flame. So, no the motor is not running when you have the flame.

The hard part on a FI motor is when you kill the motor the injectors close down and do not pass any fuel. no fuel no fire.
i want to do it to my car, but just remember that you will get into deep shit if a cop sees you do this anywhere.
Quote:Originally posted by VG30Silvia
Autoloc has just started selling this kit within hte last few months. Haven't heard any reviews yet, but htought it was worth a look. They claim you can shoot a flame up to 20 feet long! I'd imagine that it depends on your vehicle. I have also seen where people use just the sparkplug trick, but then they add a braided hose that carries PROPANE! The propane should only be on at full throttle, if not it may back up in your exhaust and cause a nasty explosion. Check out Autoloc's kit here. http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=FLAME
:mad: :mad:

Propane really doesn't do anything to your car; it just tricks your car into running rich. You can add propane to your car to check the O2 sensor.
CPL NGUYEN-US ARMY

1990 180SX
:mad: parts really needed 2 coils 2 spark plug wires 2 spark plugs 1 switch a relay to stop your main coil for your motor so it can pump rawl fuel no cats enough wire to reach the tips of your pipes 2 helicoils same size as your plugs

watch saturday march 29th 2003 2:00 p.m. et/pt on TNN
it will tell you how to do it

[Image: http://www.truckstv.com/images/schedule/2003_02_3.jpg]TNN