Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's have SoCal SRO Meet!!!!!
Sup guys, it's been a long time. I see there are hella new peeps now on the forum. I think it'll be cool to have a meet and everyone get to know each other like how it was when the SoCal forum first took off.

Leets - Let's do this mexican place you're always talking about. Making me curious.

Clpower - CRX, huh? Why don't you go H22A? I think that's what I'll be doing with my hb. just NOS it Smile I know you like NOS.

Jonnaro - I haven't heard from him since he got his new girl. Hard to have a guy around when they get a girl. Smile Set up a meet, man.

Preludeboy - Maybe ya'll could see his "possible" new ride for the next meet. Rex.

Lowandslow - just low and slow. period. loser.

Invisibleman - Damn...been a while since i saw your post. How's your car? any new parts?

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello to all the peeps that I haven't met. Let's keep bothering Jonnaro about having another meet. We'll tell him it's ok to bring his girl. SmileSmileSmile

Jay Kim
Form follows function. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Contact Info:
AIM - Allmotormonster
Email - Kim307@ucla.edu

Heatware Evaluations
Honda-tech Vouch Thread
eBay Seller Rating
second your idea Jay...lets do something. late.
OutUvIt will be organizing a beach meet in the early spring. The idea is to get alot of car enthusiasts together in one place to hang out, have fun, and talk cars. in past years, these events have been a huge success. This will be my first year doing it, but it sounds like alot of fun.

As soon as details develop, i will post them on here. Alot of them chat on hondasociety.com though.
uhh.....can we arrange it for like late feb. or march if thats ok..... but whatevers clever will also do... So. Cali needs to get some good turnouts for their meets, take pics, represent and so on.....motivation anyone?
im down for another meet, lets try soemthing better than a BBQ in a parking lot. hahaha.

Well food wasn't a good enough motivation last time.

Whatever you guys come up with im pretty sure i'll make it
Quote:Originally posted by DugalSpeed
im down for another meet, lets try soemthing better than a BBQ in a parking lot. hahaha.

Whatever you guys come up with im pretty sure i'll make it

so what about the tracks? Fontana? or Irwindale? if we make arrangements now then that gives people plenty of time to schedule around what ever date and time we set up.......i just kno that the last 2 meets didnt happen...so lets get somethin planned and agree on it and make necassary arrangements.....and it gives people time to get there cars ready.....i wont have my papi back until end of feb..and i got a grudge match with vtec..(sweety, your goin down)...so track would be good for me..heeheehee...ok well maybe that will motivate people.......SRO Race Meet!! come on......i'm forgetting what everyone looks like.....-chris
i'll be there. just let me know when. by the way, my vote is to do it at a track. fontana, irwindale, san diego. either one, i'm there.
i'm down too!!

i would like to do a track too (even tho my car is the slowest, no doubt!) .. but it would be fun.. gotta start lookin at track schedules. i'll keep ya updated

and jay, the reason i havent been around isnt cuz of girls, its cuz i didnt have my dsl working =]
Whoa....Let's not talk about your private life on the boards. I don't to know if your DSL isn't working or not. Wink

But anyhow, let's do it. I'm down for whatevers.

Jay Kim
Form follows function. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Contact Info:
AIM - Allmotormonster
Email - Kim307@ucla.edu

Heatware Evaluations
Honda-tech Vouch Thread
eBay Seller Rating
Quote:Originally posted by Kim307
Lowandslow - just low and slow. period. loser.
Jay Kim

Kim307- Blew up his RX-7. period. loser.
Quote:Originally posted by lowandslow

Kim307- Blew up his RX-7. period. loser.

ouch!!!...
hey guys im fairly new to this forum, but my teammate leets has invited me to one of your meets before but i couldn't go... but im down to meet up this time. Big Grin

especially if b16pinay is going...=) i'd like to..uh...(note to selfConfusedtop thinking nasty thoughts)....umm.... race ur crx. yeah, thats it!... id like to race you. Big Grin b16crx vs b16crx
if we cant meet at any local tracks, how about the Pomona swap meet amd car show on March 3rd. If none of you ever been, its the biggest car show and swap meet on the west coast. For the ones who have been...I know, I know, its full of old hot rods and lowriders. but while i was at last sundays show, I saw a good opp. to start some culture mergin. its basicly open to any car, all you got to do is buy the space. Im thinking we can get some space and chill, show some of these old dudes whats up and get education for those of you that never been on that side of v8 hottrodding. I got lots of info. post up if it sounds good.

btw- if anyone was wondering where Ive been, ive been living up to my name j/k na really ive been dealing with a shop from hell whose had my car for at least six months $$$$ issues :mad: Ill be on deck by the end of this monthRolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by TEAM1-crx

especially if b16pinay is going...=) i'd like to..uh...(note to selfConfusedtop thinking nasty thoughts)....umm.... race ur crx. yeah, thats it!... id like to race you. Big Grin b16crx vs b16crx
i'm down for a friendly race. let's run.
i said it before and i'll say it again. i'd love to go, just give notice. it's be great to put a face to all these names. and a spot with a track would be excellent.
i'll bring the worlds most un-reliable 2001 gsr.
Almost every Thursday evening here in the Fullerton area there's a car show at the Giovvani's Pizza at the corner of Imperial Blvd and Harbor Blvd. (which btw is just across the street from Molca Salsa... that mexi place I'm always talkin bout). Anyway, the show's basically for old school, but it's slowly begun to be taken over by local crews... I haven't been recently, but from what I hear they get a pretty good number of crews reppin. I think some members of TEAM-1 will be rollin out next Thursday. If anyone's interested in comin by and just chillin wit some good pizza and some fellow SRO members just let me know.Big Grin
also this sunday there will be a meet at sonic burger in fullerton at the corner of orangethorpe and lemon. The guy said that there will be close to 200 cars... but ive never been there so i wouldn't know if he was exagerating. I guess my teammates and i will go ahead and check that out... hey leets, i dont think that the mustang will race you on that same night. he said that he wants to put another 500 miles on his new tranny before he will run anyone, so i guess we could just go and you guys can meet up. kewl???
Quote:Originally posted by DugalSpeed

Well alrighty then Dugalspeed....looks like we have takers this time.....they've taken the bait.....now reel em in!!! now we just all need to agree on a date and time and we will have a winner!!
woo hoo...i cant wait to see everyone again and meet new peepsBig Grin
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TEAM1-crx

thats a funny sig.........Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by TEAM1-crx
hey leets, i dont think that the mustang will race you on that same night. he said that he wants to put another 500 miles on his new tranny before he will run anyone, so i guess we could just go and you guys can meet up. kewl???

so mr. 400hp doesn't want a piece of leet's??? what a suprise Smile
Count me in.. LA area. I'll have the new turbo in by then (hopefully)
just a reminder guys... theres a meet tonight in Fullerton on the corner of lemon and orangethorpe @ sonic burger. Starts @ 7:30... hope you guys can make it... Smile
is it going to be mostly imports or mostly domestics?

i'm about 20 mintues away, and i'm always down for Cal State Fullerton parties, but i dont wanna hang out with a buncha muscle cars. Just not my preference
Quote:Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
is it going to be mostly imports or mostly domestics?

i'm about 20 mintues away, and i'm always down for Cal State Fullerton parties, but i dont wanna hang out with a buncha muscle cars. Just not my preference

I am not sure. I'm going with leets and ayr(team1-crx) and normally ayr is wrong about everythingSmile I honestly would be suprised if there is going to be more than a dozen cars, i hope i eat my words.
there is a race this weekend at fontana...26/27 but hot import night is on the 26th. fontana is also running feb. 16/17. just some info. i'll be at both weekends so at least you know one person will be there.
just to let you know the sonic burger thingy on Sunday in Fullerton was pretty whack. A bunch of cars full of strobes and neons. I don't have a problem with lighting but there was enough blinking and strobing lights there to warm a small planet, like neptune or something. A bunch of integras on bags and some cobra mustangs with...get this, cai's. :confused: Figured I'd let you guys know.
oh...and a motorcycle trying to do a wheelie ran into the goodyear store really hard. You could hear the motorcycle rev hard and then boom, the guy got up and waved. I would have stayed downBig Grin
ok, my friends just bought a 76 civic (for pocket change)
they're gonna beat the shit out of it... but the best part is...
its gonna run low 12's and pull at least .92 on the skidpad...
carburated 1.5, wtf?
oh man is that gonna be a funny sight.
just thought i'd share this information with someone since my roommates are bitches and didn't find this as funny as i did.
I guess I missed the memo that was sent out to everyone... you know, the one that explained how from now on everyone's only allowed to purchase S-10s, bags, sh*tty but loud stereos, and a minimum of 50 strobe lights throughout the vehicle. At least I'm assuming a memo was sent out seeing as how that's all anyone had sunday. "Hey, let's show our originallity by showing off THE SAME F*CKING RIDE AS EVERYONE ELSE!!!" Don't get me wrong... I love flashy lights as much as the next person... but this crap was just ridiculous. I sure hope Thursday will be better. Anyone else planning on going?
Quote:Originally posted by Silver

I am not sure. I'm going with leets and ayr(team1-crx) and normally ayr is wrong about everythingSmile I honestly would be suprised if there is going to be more than a dozen cars, i hope i eat my words.

alright,... i admit that this meet wasn't what i expected... alotta lights and bags. but there were a few honda racers there... they just sorta left early. But you gotta admit it was worth going, just to see that guy hit the wall with his motorcycle...:p
Hey...I'm new to the board but familiar with most of the other boards. I'm down for a meet. A couple of us are meeting up at Fontana this saturday so that's an idea.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Not Our Own Socal Sro Cruise? Mickee 45 1,233 08-23-2002, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Mickee
  Street Races In Socal???????????? GEN 1 287 08-13-2002, 05:19 PM
Last Post: rice_burner
  socal cruise - who would be interested? jonnaro 8 376 08-13-2002, 10:44 AM
  SoCal people at SRO show and cruise slamminA.D.Sev 1 237 07-31-2002, 02:54 PM
  100 octane gas in socal? randomzx 8 313 07-17-2002, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Leets
  socal races... Itzdavidx 8 311 03-04-2002, 09:32 PM
Last Post: RockStarNeil688
  lets brainstorm for meet #3 jonnaro 10 254 02-09-2002, 06:44 PM
Last Post: NSLRACER
  New meet up in LA..... VwRaCeRvR6 6 282 02-05-2002, 03:49 AM
Last Post: qcardds01civic
  How was the meet b16pinay 0 168 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  IDRC has a New Challenge for SoCal Teams BoostinDC2 0 220 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: