Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feb. 17 California Speedway
This is the reminder (by Dugalspeeds request)

S.R.O. Racing Meet #1
February 17, 2002 at 8:00 a.m. (7:00 a.m. for all procrastinators)
California Speedway in Fontana
9300 Cherry Ave.
Fontana, CA

just some notes; all the regulars already know all this:
$10 per person and another $10 if u race your car ($20total)
no cars quicker than 10 seconds allowed
vehicles can be towed in on trailers now
helmets are required for 13.99 and faster

I've attached a general map just in case.

everyone thats going..post up and say if its a yea or nea so we know whos going.

Jon- do u have any SRO stuff like Dugal asked? let us kno.
sorry havent been on the boards much recently - been so busy! hehe

but yea, i got fliers n stickers. hrm... so hwo fast are the general cars that run?? would i be way out of place runnin like low 15s? hehe =P i know its slow but hey.. would still be fun to run =)
oh and no.. i dont have a tent right now.. tryin to get SRO to buy one for us. hahahah maybe next season.. but yea =0 for now, no tent. lol.
Quote:Originally posted by jonnaro
sorry havent been on the boards much recently - been so busy! hehe

but yea, i got fliers n stickers. hrm... so hwo fast are the general cars that run?? would i be way out of place runnin like low 15s? hehe =P i know its slow but hey.. would still be fun to run =)

actually Jon, most of the cars out their are runnin 16's,15's and 14's. anything lower are all the cars u would expect to be runnin faster(americans and suped up imports). and yes it is so much fun runnin out there.....testing out your reaction times....just chillin......so is that a yea for ya or wha?
daym 800 is too early but oh well me and my bro are going (babyboy_civic) not sure what time we will be there but yeah we are going.... hope to see some SRO peeps up in there.... (his teacher has a tent and we were invited) SRO needs a tent over there man
Cheap FMIC
28x8x3.25
C-Pillar Bar $80 shipped EGEKDC
Kuruma Tuning (510 7851410)
JDM IMPORTER (PM ME FOR INFO)
Quote:Originally posted by ViSuAL_cHanGeS
daym 800 is too early but oh well me and my bro are going (babyboy_civic) not sure what time we will be there but yeah we are going.... hope to see some SRO peeps up in there.... (his teacher has a tent and we were invited) SRO needs a tent over there man

well i put 8:00 so all the late people(most of us) will try to be there by 10...shhhhh dont let nobody know especially all the procrastinators..heehee and well i dunno how packed it will be but last time on Sunday their was only like 250-300 cars out of 500 out there.....so hopefully everyone runnin their cars will get too.
lolz okay... so until what time are we all going to chill...????
Cheap FMIC
28x8x3.25
my girlfriend and i will be there. i'm trying to get some friends to go, but they're so god damn flakey.

so how will i recognize anyone?
i've never been there, how many runs do you think we'll be able to get in?
Quote:Originally posted by Ruckus138

well his is how i look like ... got a haircut so mah hair is somewhat stil like that but yeah .... man i miss that jacket( lost it a month ago when i was the flagger damn jacket was btohering meeh and i put it ona white car that i thought it was mah bro..... but oh well i hope i find another one like that arrrggghhhh weve been through tough times together i missu man....)
Cheap FMIC
28x8x3.25
Quote:Originally posted by Ruckus138
my girlfriend and i will be there. i'm trying to get some friends to go, but they're so god damn flakey.

actually.....i was thinkin the same thing....should we make a sign or something...hahahaha or i can put tons of SRO stickers on and when u see a chick that has them on.. just follow me....:p

and u should get in about 6-8 runs depending on how crowded it will be that day...

and VC- u can go and come as u please..im staying until 3 or 4 or until i cant take no more..u can leave at anytime homie..actually maybe we could all go grub afterwards......hmmmmm just a thought.
Well me and mah bro are like 99% sure that we will be there. if u cant find anyone else from SRO look for the F-150 with the nascar stickers.....See ya'll on sunday
Quote:Originally posted by qcardds01civic
or i can put tons of SRO stickers on and when u see a chick that has them on.. just follow me....:p

Hey, how about you go topless and have SRO stickers covering your nipples, and we'll be sure to find you.Wink
indecent exposure??? cool lolz yeah i think itll be easier to find you since there will be a mob following you
Cheap FMIC
28x8x3.25
look for a white turbo integra with animal rights sticker. that'll be me. cause i'm a dork like that.
Quote:Originally posted by DugalSpeed

Hey, how about you go topless and have SRO stickers covering your nipples, and we'll be sure to find you.Wink

hahahahaha........dayum.....ill do that if u wear a skirt and cheerleadBig Grin :p Big Grin
I'll make a nice big sigh that says

SRO
Street Racing Online
got rice bitch? <--j/k

oh and i'm tkaing ideas for a sign too hehe
HAHA!
eff the rain. eff the rain in the ass.
I agree with Ruckus...rain sucks...comes on the wrong day.....
so i'm assuming they're closed. i've been trying to call, but haven't had any luck, even the web sites bites arse. yeah. let me know if i'm wrong.
dang rain sucks even though i didnt plan to run i wanted to see some do.... i guess there will be no meeting unless we jus meet somewhere else
Cheap FMIC
28x8x3.25
is this shit still on? i can't contact these fontana bastards either....? or are they closing it down?
I was there yesterday with some Sy/Ty people I know (ran a 15.3 in the WRX wagon with automatic, btw) and I overheard some of the officials talking about their rain plans for today. They said they'd wait until noon before deciding if it was a bust, unless it was raining so hard the track wouldn't dry out in time. They also said they wouldn't take anyone's money until they knew for sure it was a go - good for them! I would guess that if it's raining here now in SD, it's probably gesphincto up at California Speedway...

As an aside, I got there at 12:30 in the afternoon, didn't have to wait in line at all to get teched or registered, and was (theoretically) car #354 through the gate. I got 4 passes in before 4:30, and probably could have made 2 more if I wanted to. I guess if you want to reserve space in the pits, it makes sense to get there early, but otherwise I don't see why you'd want to hassle with an early arrival.
Quote:Originally posted by qcardds01civic

hahahahaha........dayum.....ill do that if u wear a skirt and cheerleadBig Grin :p Big Grin

Damn this rain, and i had my skirt all ready to goBig Grin
Quote:I'll make a nice big sigh that says SRO Street Racing Online got rice bitch? <--j/k
i know its a bit late but what kinda sign would you have needed?
Quote:Originally posted by DugalSpeed

Damn this rain, and i had my skirt all ready to goBig Grin

and i had no clothes on....ready to roll out.....darn.Big Grin

Quote:Originally posted by ViSuAL_cHanGeS

dang rain sucks even though i didnt plan to run i wanted to see some do.... i guess there will be no meeting unless we jus meet somewhere else

yeah the weather sucked.....i went out there at like 11 and talked to the security guard at the gate and he said it was probably gonna be cancelled all day unless it drys up.....but he said some people were there already.....so i was like damn...this sucks....oh well..i only live like ten minutes from there so im glad nobody else made the trip cuz that would of sucked....so well whens the next one?
Finally got around to posting the few pics I took at CA Speedway on 2/16... Check it out here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where in California is little Tokyo? deeznutz206 9 377 08-19-2002, 11:29 AM
Last Post: greengoblin
  California Speedway, Fontana Rat 0 739 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  "Best TUNERS" in Southern California MasterP 0 707 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Next S.California show? OUTKASTxEZ 0 319 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  cal speedway mnmamador 0 204 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Hola A Todos Los Racers Latinos De Ontario California Click Aqui captainghost 0 898 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Import Events In California merah 0 144 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: